BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Ok...this is it...the last time I try to take pics and post them....for a long time...I'll coerce one of these freeloaders to do it from now on.
hugs.gif

None were the least bit co-operative, least of all the Chanteclers! Ike did the best....pretended he didn't want to de-feather each and every one of them.

I will leaving for my short obligatory 'vacation' coming Monday, accompanied by son Jason. Hopefully to be back in just few days or so ...or not!!!
lau.gif
I know...Kids don't think it's funny either.

I like the hen on the fence post she looks the breastiest. Her pattern is nice too.

I have one DC hen that I call "short-wide" she is not all that short legged she is just broad and thick. Her pattern is stunning. I'll try to get some pic. She is going to be my #1 breeder.

I also have two runt DC hens. They are tiny, about the size of a soft ball. They are little meat bricks. Dense, dense little birds. Imagine a 2lb. Quail...

I may keep them for a fun side project se if I can make anything worth while out of them.

Those are some if the biggest looking Cornish I've ever seen. Did you get them from Cackle?

Yep and these are the smaller ones. Ike (the dog) scared hell out of the rest of the gang and they headed for the hills. Most are twice as wide as the ones that hung around. If I feel well tomorrow, I'll leave him in the house and try to get some pic in the morning. They tend to hang around after their after they get their bit of scratch but they scatter fast in the evening...dog or no dog. The bigger birds intimidate the smaller ones and are left for the crumbs. Such is life.

thumbsup.gif

hellbender It seems hard to get decent pics of chickens even without excitement Lol! Topped off mines feed and water before work and tossed in a armload of dandelion greens and, if I give them scraps usually it is a plate full, broke up so they don't fight, but I threw in a single boneless pork chop the kids didn't eat and it fell in the sink with dirty dishes (dang I'da ate that!) They played football with it stealing it from each other, ten minutes later not a one got a bite out of it Lol, and not a one of my pics wasn't blurry. It was hilarious! Dumb silkie rooster kept up with the cackling 'come here girls I have green stuff!' all while the sussex and giants were relaying the chop back and forth lol....

Ok...this really is it for me..'til I get back from short trip and then I will take pics of the guard dogs. Might do that tomorrow if I feel well enough. It is threatening rain here and I should have used the flash but I did not so will only post the best or more clear ones.

This should be a good fill of MY birds for a while...If you want more...there are always the NN babies and the flocks that belong to my 'kids'.

Back
Top Bottom