Bugs & Problems With The New Platform

My edits are weird...if I edit a post, and submit, the edited version doesn't show up. But then when I click on the pencil to edit it again, the edited version is there. When I click submit again, the edited version is not there. In other words, I am not able to edit a post and have it show up.

I presume there is something going on??? This has never happened before now.

That just happened to me, too.

Another thing is happening also...... When I "quote," it automatically goes to the full page editor, and showing a blank "preview."

edit:
attempting to edit.......

Last edited:
OK, never mind. I just edited the above post without a hitch.
idunno.gif

This new site, I'm sorry to say, is awful for me. It takes me 12 tries to get the back button to work, takes forever and ever for each page to load...........

I don't want to be rude, it's not in my nature, but it's getting so frustrating.

This new site, I'm sorry to say, is awful for me. It takes me 12 tries to get the back button to work, takes forever and ever for each page to load...........

I don't want to be rude, it's not in my nature, but it's getting so frustrating.
While I think there may still be a couple bugs they are working on. Many people have solved the problems you describe by up dating their browser. Also some of the problems seem to be that most of us have our computer set for the old which was slower. I think once you figure out the new you will like it. So far I think most do.
I am no computer type but can only imagine what a huge task this has been for Nifty and crew. They have done an awesome job of giving us lots of cool new features. And for that I say
THANK YOU NIFTY AND CREW ! ! !

Last edited:
I will try updating my browser, thanks.

While I think there may still be a couple bugs they are working on. Many people have solved the problems you describe by up dating their browser. Also some of the problems seem to be that most of us have our computer set for the old which was slower. I think once you figure out the new you will like it. So far I think most do.
I am no computer type but can only imagine what a huge task this has been for Nifty and crew. They have done an awesome job of giving us lots of cool new features. And for that I say

So for the last almost 24 hours the site has not been working well for me. I could read the posts and PM's but could not reply to anything. It would come up with the preview but it would be blank. I tried everything that I knew inculding logging out and back in and dumping the file casche.

Last edited:

Couldn't agree with this statement more. After having read thru the various problems & issues people are reporting, the majority of them sound like web browser issues of some kind. My advice on things to try if you're still having issues would be to:

0) Try the obvious things first. Check your BYC profile settings to make sure they are set the way you want. There are more options now than before so it won't hurt to check. Also, try logging off. I've noticed that the new BYC website (whether you uncheck the remember me option or not) has a tendency to just remember you (i.e. leave you logged in). This can cause some technical "confusion" to some of the files behind the scenes that help control how the website responds. It sounds simple, but try logging off & back on again. And, if you're a user like me who leaves their computer on most of the time (24/7), you just might try re-starting it on occasion. You'd be amazed at how many problems something as simple as "turning it off & on again" will fix.
1) Make sure you're using current version of whatever web browser software you are using. Pretty much ALL of them offer free updates downloaded from their website. I'm almost positive that the new BYC site is utilizing new web applications and programming methods that "older" web browsers may not understand. Not only are web sites evolving, but so are the ways in which they are designed/created.
2) Clear your browser's web cache/temporary files/cookies. Every web browser makes a copy of pretty much every web page & all associated content on that page. This is so when you use the back or forward buttons in the browser it doesn't have to re-download everything again from the web site. Most browsers have a setting that controls how often pages are "refreshed" or checked for content. Most all current browsers do a fairly good job of managing this if you're using the default settings. If you changed the settings to only check for updates periodically you simply may not be looking at "current" content. If your post edits aren't showing after you make them then hit the browser refresh option & see what happens. If you've been on BYC for some time, there may be some "old" files still stored on your computer that your browser is using that don't quite match up with the new web site. Cleaning out the "junk" can fix a lot of problems.
3) If your browser has the option to "reset" settings back to the default give it a try. There may be an option/setting that was changed when browsing another website that is having an effect on your browsing experience at BYC.
4) Along the lines of item 1, be sure your operating system (Windows, Mac OS, etc) is up to date with the latest software updates & security patches. Again, these are all free & can be downloaded from the web.
5) Along the lines of item 2, you may want to run a "disk cleanup" to clean up all the temporary files your computer uses. Most all of the files your web browser uses should be cleaned up in the process in item 2, but there may be some residual files left behind that could potentially be a problem. It won't get rid of everything (ironically by design) but it won't hurt anything either. May even make your computer run a little faster.

I won't guarantee that these steps will solve ALL the problems you are having, but they are good troubleshooting steps to take. Being able to "filter" out common web browser issues out of the problem list will help the BYC admins focus more on web application/server issues that are on their side to fix. I've been doing the IT thing for more than 20 years & I understand ALL the things the BYC folks are going thru. Been there...done that. Thanks to them for their tireless efforts in making this a better site.

Back
Top Bottom