BYC’s BirdTober thread - 2023

B3138B37-7CF1-4239-B4E2-41DC94AC0391.jpeg
78FB0624-ED1F-49ED-A42E-7575DC11F2C0.jpeg

You know those ads that are for a mobile game that is allegedly nothing like the ad and you have to choose what to do after the lady makes a horrible dumb decision?
Anyway I’m not making this up.
Ruffs are actually like this.
I had to do a science project on them. And now I wish I was making this up, but un-family-friendly-but-true fact: Femboi’s testes are twice as big as the other guys’. It’s genetics.

Last edited:
The black pigment on my drawing was looking very grainy and I thought, oh maybe it’s a watercolor pencil? So I ended up using water in my sketchbook to blend it out, lol. Fortunately on the right side of the sketchbook which has nothing in it yet. I have two sets of watercolor pencils, one labeled “Generals” and one with zero label at all, not a single letter to distinguish it as a watercolor. So tell me why I have two black unlabeled watercolor pencils!?! To test them I got a paper towel wet and drew in the wet part. Curiously, I have discovered all colored pencils are watercolor pencils to some degree, just some work better than others😅 0DD593DF-D10D-415A-B9FB-C8810D847577.jpeg (this is all my watercolor pencils btw on the right side)
Anyway this is wishlist species to see. Scissor tailed flycatcher. Strangely while I was driving one day I saw a long tailed bird with some coral coloring so it must have been one because nothing looks like that in Wisconsin but of course that is impossible because they don’t live here either.)
05EE676E-8CCE-4611-BEF4-CB8E414B8855.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom