BYC Café

Good Morning All! It is a hangout and rest day, for the most part, around here today.
Sorry about the finger, Shad. That is not a way to start the year out but I guess better than having a hand injury in summer.
Thanks
mumien_smilie_0007.gif

I doubt if a head injury would interfere with much.:p I need my hands though and I use them.

That it is. On the left side of the deck in the picture will be the gold fish pond with waterfall. Right outside my bedroom window. The last one we built was 1400 gallons, 2.5' deep. This one will be similar in size.

This is the first pond we built. It is the feature I miss most about that house. It is what we will be replicating at our new house.
IMG_0305.JPG
IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    681.3 KB · Views: 4
I love the little frog peeking out!
Frogs! There are three in that picture. We used to love going down to the pond to see who could count more frogs.
The toads would always beat the frogs at laying their eggs in the pond. We'd have thousands of toad tadpoles in the pond before the frog eggs hatched. The frog eggs ended up feeding the toad taddies.

You're good at this DIY stuff it seems.Maybe you could come over and sort my roof out.
I'm sure other stuff apart from weeds would grow on it.

I'm addicted to DIY stuff. If there is something I want to do, I research the bejeezus out of it and jump right in. That is how I ended up joining BYC. I wanted to raise chickens.
I've installed gas fired furnaces and water heaters, on demand water heaters, I've taken down load bearing walls, re-wired and re-plumbed entire houses, installed cabinets, windows, doors, tiled, built decks and then there is my first addition... the mud room on my house.
I can relate to you breaking your finger. Seems I've always got an injury somewhere on me. Once I drove a phillips head driver tip through my thumb nail when it slipped of the drywall screw. I can tell you the expletives flew that day.
Flipping houses is an addiction too but I've had to quit.
I've also been known to cut my own hair! :D And I still color it myself.

I'm addicted to DIY stuff. If there is something I want to do, I research the bejeezus out of it and jump right in. That is how I ended up joining BYC. I wanted to raise chickens.
I've installed gas fired furnaces and water heaters, on demand water heaters, I've taken down load bearing walls, re-wired and re-plumbed entire houses, installed cabinets, windows, doors, tiled, built decks and then there is my first addition... the mud room on my house.
I can relate to you breaking your finger. Seems I've always got an injury somewhere on me. Once I drove a phillips head driver tip through my thumb nail when it slipped of the drywall screw. I can tell you the expletives flew that day.
I admire you for picking up the skills and knowledge to do these things.
In general many of the women on BYC seem very competent at stuff that most of the women I knew in the UK and a few other places just wouldn't dream of doing.
It's been a really pleasant surprise.

I admire you for picking up the skills and knowledge to do these things.
In general many of the women on BYC seem very competent at stuff that most of the women I knew in the UK and a few other places just wouldn't dream of doing.
It's been a really pleasant surprise.
920x920.jpg

You're good at this DIY stuff it seems.Maybe you could come over and sort my roof out.
I'm sure other stuff apart from weeds would grow on it.

And maybe when you get done sorting Shad out, you can come help me :cool:

Beautiful pond! It looks like it must have been a very relaxing place to unwind at the end of a busy day.

Back
Top Bottom