BYC Café

Lightly snowing - temps slightly above freezing. just came back to the house. Fresh pot was needed and has been brewed.
Perfect! Thanks for the coffee Sour! Sun is shining bright and 40°F now. No more precipitation forecast till Saturday here. Suits the heck outa me. I shoveled too much snow in my lifetime, and tend to get kinda snarky about snow in the dirty deep south.

I didnt move away from a tenure track job in research at OSU just to come down here and get snowed on.
angry-chicken-cool-avatars-avatarys.png

Nice picture Tony! Is that a river running by your property?
Not a river, it's the Apalachin creek that feeds the Susquehanna river. It's near the flood house I sold late 2017.
I've been running my dogs their for nearly 23 years. I live up on a hill less than 2 miles away.
No living next to moving bodies of water for me! The first flood to hit that house came half way up the floor joists and filled the basement. The second catastrophic flood to hit the area was 5 years later and went 1 foot up into the main floor. The house is a ranch. It happened 5 days before the house was scheduled to close.
Needless to say, the buyers walked and I got stuck with it for another 6 years. I had to rent it out to pay the mortgage. Let me tell ya, you get the displeasure of dealing with some bottom dwelling con artists when you're a landlord. Not fun.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom