BYC Café

I brain tan them. I get 5 5 gallon buckets of deer brains from a processing plant a few miles away a year.
Ok, I do a little bit of brain tanning, I get beef brains and freeze them and when I need some just thaw them out.
I hope you get a pretty penny for the hats...that's alot of work...and they use to say Indians were lazy...you ever tried to skin and tan a buffaloe? :old

Ok, I do a little bit of brain tanning, I get beef brains and freeze them and when I need some just thaw them out.
I hope you get a pretty penny for the hats...that's alot of work...and they use to say Indians were lazy...you ever tried to skin and tan a buffaloe? :old
Never had the opportunity for Buffalo. I’ve done deer hides. I sell my hats for $40. I have ten orders and 7 hides. I should get 3 more hides tomorrow.

Never had the opportunity for Buffalo. I’ve done deer hides. I sell my hats for $40. I have ten orders and 7 hides. I should get 3 more hides tomorrow.
That was sorta 'tounge n cheek' but I have done both, it's hard work. Also, have tanned rabbit, opossum, coon, deer, sheep, cow hides, fox, bobcat, mink, and various birds. I use to be a taxidermist.

That was sorta 'tounge n cheek' but I have done both, it' hard work. Also, have tanned rabbit, opossum, coon, deer, sheep, cow hides, fox, bobcat, mink, and various birds. I use to be a taxidermist.

I have a bad sense of humor haha! I make coonskin hats, coyote hats, beaver skin moccasins, opossum hats, and I use rabbit to line all of them. I also make rabbit foot charms and people buy that up quick.

I have a bad sense of humor haha! I make coonskin hats, coyote hats, beaver skin moccasins, opossum hats, and I use rabbit to line all of them. I also make rabbit foot charms and people buy that up quick.
I make traditional plains moccasins, mainly Comanche. I make my own rawhide for the soles.

Back
Top Bottom