BYC Café

Well good news and bad news y’all. Good news is I get a severance package, bad news is I’m out of the job along with 3 others. We get 3 months pay, 3 months medical coverage, and a positive reference for any other employment. I figured it was inevitable. The other two were hired a few months before me. They told us in the morning meeting. The department now only has 2 workers. They aren’t happy either.

That's going to be a great run for your flock Dobie, love the size!

Another chapstick fanatic checking in here (although I use Blistex)...always in a purse, a pocket, the car, the desk, the bathroom, etc. After reading all of you other fans here, I'm wondering if there's something "addictive" in those things! :lol:

Chapstick addiction is possibly a real problem. A few years ago I had to call the companies of all the products I use to see if they had a hidden ingredient that I'm allergic to. After the Chapstick guy confirmed there was no MDBG in their product I said "Oh good, because I'm so addicted to it I'd hate to have to give it up." Suddenly the call got very awkward & serious & he started grilling me with 100 questions like do I feel I need help, do I eat it, how long have I been using it, how often do I apply, name & contact info.... I finally said, "Geeze, it was just a metaphor. Is this a real thing?" He told me it was no joke & they had been looking into the possibility of people actually being addicted to it. For months I wondered if the chapstick police were gonna show up at my door.

Well good news and bad news y’all. Good news is I get a severance package, bad news is I’m out of the job along with 3 others. We get 3 months pay, 3 months medical coverage, and a positive reference for any other employment. I figured it was inevitable. The other two were hired a few months before me. They told us in the morning meeting. The department now only has 2 workers. They aren’t happy either.

Total suck! :hugs I'm glad they at least gave you a bit of a cushion.

Chapstick addiction is possibly a real problem. A few years ago I had to call the companies of all the products I use to see if they had a hidden ingredient that I'm allergic to. After the Chapstick guy confirmed there was no MDBG in their product I said "Oh good, because I'm so addicted to it I'd hate to have to give it up." Suddenly the call got very awkward & serious & he started grilling me with 100 questions like do I feel I need help, do I eat it, how long have I been using it, how often do I apply, name & contact info.... I finally said, "Geeze, it was just a metaphor. Is this a real thing?" He told me it was no joke & they had been looking into the possibility of people actually being addicted to it. For months I wondered if the chapstick police were gonna show up at my door.

Total suck! :hugs I'm glad they at least gave you a bit of a cushion.

:lau

Hey did I quote your post here and reply in the foodie thread? Oh my, what an embarrassment
duh.gif

That majorly sucks...at least they didn't just let ya go! You'll be alright, you have a broad background and something will come along you'll like and want to do for a living. Best of luck and my thoughts are with ya!

Back
Top Bottom