BYC Café

I'm going to treat myself to a mocha today. I just cant decide if I should make a hot one or a cold one. Maybe I'll start hot & then when I sit it down & forget about it I can put ice cubes in it & make it a cold one.
Make mine a 'cold one' but not a mocha! ;)

Just shot another rattlesnake, one pen over from where the last one was hiding, coiled up next to the waterer, again.
20190626_184842.jpg

Good morning Cafe.
Job offers are coming in. I keep hearing that I have one but not from anyone that really counts. :idunno

It's good the offers are coming Dobie...let's keep our fingers crossed the right one comes in too! :fl

Well good news and bad news y’all. Good news is I get a severance package, bad news is I’m out of the job along with 3 others. We get 3 months pay, 3 months medical coverage, and a positive reference for any other employment. I figured it was inevitable. The other two were hired a few months before me. They told us in the morning meeting. The department now only has 2 workers. They aren’t happy either.

Sorry Dave :hugs The severance package will be helpful until you can figure out which direction you want to go. That's quite a slash in employees...from 5 to 2. Those 2 still on the payroll will probably be expected to handle what did take the 5 of you to do.

Best of luck that it all works out well for you, keep us posted!

Thanks IM, I have another one that is truly Blue!
View attachment 1825379
but I kinda like the blue/green color and the true Green color of the melanistics...
View attachment 1825381
there's also quite a variation in every melanistic that I have ever hatched. The Blue color of these were from parent birds that were totally green, so :idunno
Here's some more color variants of the Green melanistics.
View attachment 1825436
View attachment 1825437
View attachment 1825443
Some males may have a white ring or no ring or a incomplete ring around the neck.

Yep, you are correct, sir! Of all the hen pheasants I think the melanistic hens are the prettiest. Here's a few pics of hens and some more of the various iridescent feathers that appear when the light strikes the plumage just right.
View attachment 1825625
View attachment 1825627
View attachment 1825628
View attachment 1825629
View attachment 1825630
Immature green melanistic male
View attachment 1825631
View attachment 1825632
View attachment 1825633
View attachment 1825634

And a Black melanistic hen
View attachment 1825641

Amazing looking birds Sean! What got you into raising the pheasants any way? (Other than the fact they are beautiful)

Amazing looking birds Sean! What got you into raising the pheasants any way? (Other than the fact they are beautiful)
That they are incredibly beautiful and I thought I'd play around with genetics on them but that was back when I was about 8 or 9, I experimented around for awhile, then came to the conclusion I couldn't improve on their beauty. So I just decided I wanted to raise every pheasant there was to be kept...and the rest is history.
They also are the best fowl for eating, period.

That they are incredibly beautiful and I thought I'd play around with genetics on them but that was back when I was about 8 or 9, I experimented around for awhile, then came to the conclusion I couldn't improve on their beauty. So I just decided I wanted to raise every pheasant there was to be kept...and the rest is history.
They also are the best fowl for eating, period.

I didn't realize you had been raising them for so long, lots of history with them. Cool!

Total suck! :hugs I'm glad they at least gave you a bit of a cushion.
It’s a nice sizable cushion along with my savings account. I always put half my pay into it. I know I can live on $300 a month.

That majorly sucks...at least they didn't just let ya go! You'll be alright, you have a broad background and something will come along you'll like and want to do for a living. Best of luck and my thoughts are with ya!

Yeah, I’m really considering going back to college or applying to Indy Zoo.

Sorry Dave :hugs The severance package will be helpful until you can figure out which direction you want to go. That's quite a slash in employees...from 5 to 2. Those 2 still on the payroll will probably be expected to handle what did take the 5 of you to do.

Best of luck that it all works out well for you, keep us posted!

That is exactly what the two staying on said. They are going to have to do everything we were. They are very displeased with the state. I’ll survive. I did when I was on disability.

Back
Top Bottom