BYC Café

View attachment 1918355
Got it all trimmed out this weekend. Ripped rough cut (and I do mean rough) 1x6's and 1x8's that we had left over from the wind break we built in the corrals last year. Turned out pretty good, considering! My constant companion is in every picture. She's like the "Where's Waldo" of the chicken yard :p
Wow, Meg! That looks great!!
Are you writing up a coop build article?

Nice! Are you putting a front porch on? That would be cute, and you could have feed bins there.
Thanks, Cap! I don't know, I hadn't thought about it! I keep the feed in the barn, which I have to walk through to get to the chickens. No rain or snow can get to it. I would like to gussy it up a bit, though. Like Dobie's window boxes...I love them.:highfive:

Thanks, Shad:cool: It's really the last big project for a while to get our place cleaned up and looking Perdy. The biggest thing was getting the roof on! No more shoveling and no more awful shabby tarps.
Meg, perdy's the word for sure. Looks downtown. I like the pitch of the roof. Shouldn't have to be dragging no snow off that.

Meg, perdy's the word for sure. Looks downtown. I like the pitch of the roof. Shouldn't have to be dragging no snow off that.
Thanks, Pert! Have you seen those snow slide deals that they use for getting snow off of roofs? It's like an extension pole with a tarp used as the slide. I think they'd work great, but some reviews I read made them sound a little flimsy. Wouldn't take much to make, though. Hoping I won't have to worry about it, like ya say :fl

Thank you, Tonya! I doubt it. I'm not very good at that stuff. I may add the pictures to the "My Coop" part, though. I didn't take near enough pictures of the build. We're always in a hurry, you know:p
I know the feeling.
Was your coop entry door a salvage like mine or did you buy it for the coop?

Thanks, Cap! I don't know, I hadn't thought about it! I keep the feed in the barn, which I have to walk through to get to the chickens. No rain or snow can get to it. I would like to gussy it up a bit, though. Like Dobie's window boxes...I love them.:highfive:
They looked great for the first 2.5 months. Then Rhoda discovered the flowers in there and what she didn't eat, she squashed.

Meg if your coop is rough cut WOW, Morning cafe I was the first up here sat had my first cup in peace BF came out at 9 Thanks for the second wet here steady drizzle two soaked dogs 1 refusing to get his feet wet head scratching green.gif

I know the feeling.
Was your coop entry door a salvage like mine or did you buy it for the coop?
No we bought it. I wanted one with a working window in it, like we've got in the pig barn. I pulled the brick molding off and replaced it with the trim I used on the rest of the coop so it would match. I think it looks a lot better. Maybe a bit wasteful...

Back
Top Bottom