BYC Café

No we bought it. I wanted one with a working window in it, like we've got in the pig barn. I pulled the brick molding off and replaced it with the trim I used on the rest of the coop so it would match. I think it looks a lot better. Maybe a bit wasteful...
Nope. I would've done the same thing. Mismatched trim is strongly frowned upon.

Ah, I did wonder if they were going to get into them! That's good to know. Mine would be especially low. Maybe decorative things (fake pumpkins, orbs, lights etc.)
She discovered them when she went broody and was trying to get back into the coop through the windows because I locked her out of the coop while I was in there installing another poop board and roost.
I did silk flowers in large pots on the ground and they had a field day with them. I still find an occasional silk flower as I pass through the pen and I removed the pots last fall.
I'm still going to try fake flowers in the window baskets for autumn. It isn't easy for her to stay in those baskets because the frame is metal and narrow. I'm hoping when she samples the fake flowers a few times she'll give up.

She discovered them when she went broody and was trying to get back into the coop through the windows because I locked her out of the coop while I was in there installing another poop board and roost.
I did silk flowers in large pots on the ground and they had a field day with them. I still find an occasional silk flower as I pass through the pen and I removed the pots last fall.
I'm still going to try fake flowers in the window baskets for autumn. It isn't easy for her to stay in those baskets because the frame is metal and narrow. I'm hoping when she samples the fake flowers a few times she'll give up.
Haha. She's like "let me in!":gigToo funny. Isn't it amazing how things like that can hang around? We had goldfish on the tables at our wedding with little blue beebee's in the bottom and I found one down by the pond the other day. That was 8 years ago and they were way up at the barn:confused:

View attachment 1918355
Got it all trimmed out this weekend. Ripped rough cut (and I do mean rough) 1x6's and 1x8's that we had left over from the wind break we built in the corrals last year. Turned out pretty good, considering! My constant companion is in every picture. She's like the "Where's Waldo" of the chicken yard :p

She's an adorable constant companion Meg :love

Back
Top Bottom