BYC Café

Good morning IM,
We've had scattered, widely scattered showers the last couple of days but the highs are still 95 to 98°, heat indexes running 102° to 108° :rolleyes:

Oh yuck, I'm sure you just feel gross in that when you go outside. I hope it cools down for you soon Sean!

Meg, I hope this is not typical. I couldn't deal with a blizzard in late September. The weather here is just perfect. Warm and crisp during the day, cool and crisp at night and the leaves have started to change and fall.
I hope you get through your coop build far enough to get your birds in it. I didn't realize you were building a new coop.
It isn't typical as far as the severity. We almost always get an early snow storm in September and then it melts off and is nice again. Now they are talking about this storm pattern being seen in 1934 and shutting the place down haha. Only time will tell, the weatherman has a history of being wrong. This is the hope, anyway:fl I don't know if I'll get the coop done enough, but at least it's dried in and the run roof is on! The chickems won't feel the snow impact like they used to :)

IMG_20190922_190630.jpg

Got it all trimmed out this weekend. Ripped rough cut (and I do mean rough) 1x6's and 1x8's that we had left over from the wind break we built in the corrals last year. Turned out pretty good, considering! My constant companion is in every picture. She's like the "Where's Waldo" of the chicken yard :p

View attachment 1918355
Got it all trimmed out this weekend. Ripped rough cut (and I do mean rough) 1x6's and 1x8's that we had left over from the wind break we built in the corrals last year. Turned out pretty good, considering! My constant companion is in every picture. She's like the "Where's Waldo" of the chicken yard :p
Cor, that looks a bit posh Meg.:clap

View attachment 1918355
Nice! Are you putting a front porch on? That would be cute, and you could have feed bins there.

Back
Top Bottom