BYC Café

Good morning, Cafe.
It's much warmer here this morning at 32F. The snow fell very lightly throughout the night and we've got maybe 4-5" out there.
A raccoon visited in the night. It was checking out the wood pile and I saw some pretty good footprints in the snow that drifted onto the flagstone. It did not attempt a second foray into the chicken pen. The first one was unsuccessful and I think the thing must have gotten zapped more than once trying to find it's way back out. No tracks led to the run or coop, just around the pen and along the fence line.

Good morning Cafe!

Thanks for the coffee!
smiley coffee sleepy.gif

Winter is back! :barnie 38°F this morning. At least the sun is out...I'm tired of cloudy, misty weather, although I miss the 70 to 80°F temps. :(

Everyone make it a great day! :celebrate

Good morning, Cafe! Thanks for the coffee, Shad. No idea what the weather is like out there. They haven't turned the lights on yet. But Mad Hatter is crowing away. First morning for him to wake up without his girls. We had a rough day yesterday. Spent it in the chicken runs replacing netting, trimming trees and vines, and cleaning coops The cockerels are at "that age" and Mad is too rough on the girls. At the same time, he's being protective of them, but needs some time to grow up a little as he is not going about it in a way that will keep him living here. Nope. Not allowed to try to flog us. Not allowed to grab a pullet wing and not let go. So, I'm busy managing cockerels. I'll be out there at the first light of dawn to check on everyone and let Alice and Abby out of the strange coop they've never slept in before. I put them in with Lucy last night as she is the oldest and most docile of my hens. More work to do out there today, and hoping for a better go at it with the cockerels. Been reading everything I can on BYC about raising them. Here's hoping they will work out. :fl

Back
Top Bottom