BYC Café

I still don't believe that coconut oil is bad for you... Whenever I eat that I feel a lot better and lighter after I eat, but if I eat a type of olive oil I feel kind of brought down
The important thing is to eat what works for you.

Dylan was a bit younger than that. I've lost all of them younger than what's considered the normal longevity range.
Do you know of any reason your dogs all had shorter lifespans than "average for the breed"?
It surely isn't lack of quality care.

Yep....I have 6 grandkids and I am the same.....eat it.....it's what we have today! Five of the six do so gladly....(there's always 1 :rolleyes:)
Hey, 5 of 6 isn't bad!

I ended up just having toast haha
That is what DD2 had for breakfast nearly every day of the semester she was in Japan in a home stay. That is what the family had and it was between 7 and 7:30 every morning. Sometimes there was something other than butter to put on it.

Yeah! I wasn’t gonna eat anything cause it was so late but I didn’t wanna like pass out or something in the night. :lau
Kelsey, sleeping is a lot like passing out ;)

If I am busy working on a project I often forget to eat period.
Me too, then I get a migraine.

Don't like sweet ice cream either.
Um, isn't ice cream pretty much sweet by definition?

We have other drivers but, everything is defeat to our dispatcher.
Have I ever mentioned that I would like to :smackthat dispatcher? He really needs to get a different job and be replaced by someone who is interested in serving the people he/she is paid to serve.

Kind of like when a heavy smoker gives it up and is surprised to find what food really tastes like.
That would be my stepfather. His soup was nearly inedible due to all the salt and pepper. Then he quit smoking, the soup was fairly decent after that.

It's a few thousand pounds worth of work to repair.
Will they take it directly or will it have to be converted to Euros first?

I’m super slow at cooking.
Practice makes perfect!

So I do like it but I’m also just super slow at cooking and preparing and stuff so even those fast half hour recipes are probably at least an hour or more for me
There is that! I made something a couple of weeks ago that was supposed to be something like 30 minute prep. Took well over an hour. I think some of those recipe makers must be TV cooks that have someone who chops up all the stuff before the show starts. 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (dumps in), 1 medium onion chopped fine (dumps in), etc

Most agave syrup has a higher fructose content than any commercial sweetener -- ranging from 55 to 97 percent, depending on the brand, which is FAR HIGHER than high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), which averages 55 percent. This makes agave actually WORSE than HFCS.Jun 15, 2010
Then the original claim was in error, there is no HFC in agave, just HF ;) Fructose is fructose and fructose is sugar. Simple as that.

I don't believe that anything that is naturally occurring out of the ground is bad for you and that a lot of it is hype.
That may be but I'll let YOU eat the rhubarb leaves, I'll stick to the stalks :D

Do you know of any reason your dogs all had shorter lifespans than "average for the breed"?

Hey, 5 of 6 isn't bad!

That is what DD2 had for breakfast nearly every day of the semester she was in Japan in a home stay. That is what the family had and it was between 7 and 7:30 every morning. Sometimes there was something other than butter to put on it.

Kelsey, sleeping is a lot like passing out ;)

Me too, then I get a migraine.

Um, isn't ice cream pretty much sweet by definition?

Have I ever mentioned that I would like to :smackthat dispatcher? He really needs to get a different job and be replaced by someone who is interested in serving the people he/she is paid to serve.

That would be my stepfather. His soup was nearly inedible due to all the salt and pepper. Then he quit smoking, the soup was fairly decent after that.

Will they take it directly or will it have to be converted to Euros first?

Practice makes perfect!

There is that! I made something a couple of weeks ago that was supposed to be something like 30 minute prep. Took well over an hour. I think some of those recipe makers must be TV cooks that have someone who chops up all the stuff before the show starts. 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (dumps in), 1 medium onion chopped fine (dumps in), etc

Then the original claim was in error, there is no HFC in agave, just HF ;) Fructose is fructose and fructose is sugar. Simple as that.

That may be but I'll let YOU eat the rhubarb leaves, I'll stick to the stalks :D
The stalks are still in the ground so it's still grown from the earth 😂

So is agave bad or not bad?

I saw a nutritionist and they told me that it was good for you So now I am a bit confused. I did a lot of research on it as well before I started using it and now it's ruining my good vibes like they did with the coconut oil claims.

I suppose it should have said it was VHF, Very high fructose. It is definitely High Fructose, since it has more than fructose than HF corn syrup.

Last edited:

DCM. 40% if all Dobermans will die from it. 50% of those will have sudden death. Two of mine had sudden death.
One was euthanized due to complications with DCM.
One had Doberman hepatitis.
One had degenerative disc disease, yet another disease they are prone to.

Back
Top Bottom