BYC Café

Had to look up DCM. I guess it must be genetic if 40% of Dobermans die from it.
Very sad.
So is agave bad or not bad?
I found this, it is basically what Ron was saying about the extraction process:

"Like many plants, agave probably does have some health benefits.

However, refining and processing tend to destroy some — or all — of these beneficial health effects. The refined agave sweetener that people consume today is no exception."

"Summary Agave nectar is low in glucose and therefore doesn't spike blood sugar levels much."

"SUMMARY The agave sweetener sold today is made by treating agave sugars with heat and enzymes, which destroys all its potentially beneficial health effects. The end product is a highly refined, unhealthy syrup."

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/agave-nectar-is-even-worse-than-sugar

Had to look up DCM. I guess it must be genetic if 40% of Dobermans die from it.
Very sad.
That it is. The sudden death part can be very shocking too. I at least knew Dylan had DCM and was undergoing treatment. Bridget trotted up the stairs, went under the table I was sitting at as a desk and collapsed dead at my feet.

Do come mushroom picking and we'll see if we can change your mind about this statement; assuming you survive the experience. :p :lol:
This statement is irrelevant to what I was saying because obviously there is bad stuff growing out of the ground that is poisonous to humans. It is quite ridiculous to make this statement and imply that you would cause harm to someone I don't take lightly to that

Do you know of any reason your dogs all had shorter lifespans than "average for the breed"?
It surely isn't lack of quality care.

Hey, 5 of 6 isn't bad!

That is what DD2 had for breakfast nearly every day of the semester she was in Japan in a home stay. That is what the family had and it was between 7 and 7:30 every morning. Sometimes there was something other than butter to put on it.

Kelsey, sleeping is a lot like passing out ;)

Me too, then I get a migraine.

Um, isn't ice cream pretty much sweet by definition?

Have I ever mentioned that I would like to :smackthat dispatcher? He really needs to get a different job and be replaced by someone who is interested in serving the people he/she is paid to serve.

That would be my stepfather. His soup was nearly inedible due to all the salt and pepper. Then he quit smoking, the soup was fairly decent after that.

Will they take it directly or will it have to be converted to Euros first?

Practice makes perfect!

There is that! I made something a couple of weeks ago that was supposed to be something like 30 minute prep. Took well over an hour. I think some of those recipe makers must be TV cooks that have someone who chops up all the stuff before the show starts. 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (dumps in), 1 medium onion chopped fine (dumps in), etc

Then the original claim was in error, there is no HFC in agave, just HF ;) Fructose is fructose and fructose is sugar. Simple as that.

That may be but I'll let YOU eat the rhubarb leaves, I'll stick to the stalks :D

Yeah I think the times are usually like double what they say haha I think they advertise it as fast so it sells ha

And true, not much difference between sleeping and being passed out I suppose :lau

And I can’t imagine eating toast every single day! Or as the only thing I ate for breakfast:eek:

Oh and I also get migraines if I don’t eat or drink

More like do you own research I think and take what has been said here also then make your choices
Yes, that is why I posted a link. I would not take the work of a nutritionist either since they may not be up on the new research. Often those in the medical fields will stop at their schooling level

This statement is irrelevant to what I was saying because obviously there is bad stuff growing out of the ground that is poisonous to humans. It is quite ridiculous to make this statement and imply that you would cause harm to someone I don't take lightly to that
I think you are taking this too seriously, given the emoticons I'm sure Shad was just joking with you. You had posted:
I don't believe that anything that is naturally occurring out of the ground is bad for you and that a lot of it is hype.
and some of us are pointing out that it isn't always the case. I don't think anyone here means you harm physically or emotionally :D

And I can’t imagine eating toast every single day! Or as the only thing I ate for breakfast:eek:
I think she has had toast MAYBE a handful of times since then and that was 4 or 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom