BYC Café

Sure, why not! Though I suppose it might depend on what you put on your pizza.
Tomato based pizza sauce? That must be a vegetable since Ronald Reagan said ketchup/catsup was a vegetable.
Crust = Bread
Cheese = dairy protein
I suppose if you got the "meat lovers" you might be pushing your luck but maybe you can improve the "healthy" aspect by adding broccoli, olives and spinach.

@ValerieJ Wegmans is awesome, but Trader Joe's also has some really great stuff. We also have a bakery/produce place about an hour drive away that is awesome as far as the quality of their stuff. Princess cooked the first 25 years, and the last 30 have become my responsibility. Next lifetime I am going to be a cook - that is after I do my stint as a crow. :p
We do have a Trader Joes about 1 1/2 hr away, but there are things you can get at Wegmans that you just can't find anywhere else. I used to get langoustine there! I don't think you'll find that at TJs. We do have a couple places to get good produce, and one of the roadside stands is open already. I didn't have time to stop and see what they had, but I will plan it in next time I go to town.

I wish I had learned to cook when I was younger. DH taught me to be more adventurous. I just made the normal stuff while raising my son. So funny story. I met DH when DS was 20ish. He and his GF (later wife) came to dinner and we made eggplant parmesan. The two enjoyed it so much and his GF said, if this is the way you ate growing up why are you both so thin? He said, "What? We didn't eat like this. I don't know where this food came from." LOLOLOL

Weird, I guess, but we have a sit down dinner every night. That's one good thing about the way we both were raised. Carried it on with our kids, and now just the two of us. I'll be honest and admit that we use TV tables and eat in the living room with the television on. :oops:

I don't want to mar the dining room table.
We sit down to dinner every night too. We do enjoy our food. :D
My only question is: "Does pizza qualify as health food" ?
Depends on how you make it. Penny Jo makes her own crust, and hers is probably pretty healthy. We get a very thin crust Mediterranean pizza with chicken herbs and feta. It's probably pretty healthy as pizza goes.
Hubby is the name you did not read giggle.... I make our pizza yes it is good for us here...
Son and I eat pizza for breakfast the day after also
Yep. As I thought.

his GF said, if this is the way you ate growing up why are you both so thin? He said, "What? We didn't eat like this. I don't know where this food came from." LOLOLOL

Due to a bit of luck and my frugal/saving nature I was able to retire early and took over the cooking. The Princess is a survival cook - food is necessary for life. After several months of my cooking she was gaining weight, and I was losing weight. When I asked her what she thought was going on, she said, "You cook better and healthier than me that's why you are losing weight, and it tastes better than what I cooked so I am eating more."

Trader Joe's for us has about a 85 % approval rating. If we find something that we like we buy multiples on the next visit. Wegmans is a little pricey, but quality is always good.

I went into the Trader Joe's here after it opened a few years ago. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about and haven't been back. BTW, if you are gluten free, stay away from the TJ's GF brownies. Worst things ever!

I use olive oil a lot more than butter.

See now those are 2 things I would put olive oil on. Most any green veggie actually. I'll put butter on corn and potatoes.

That's why he waited almost until it was to be served, too much chance that a lot of BYCers would be at the door.

Tacos here tonight.

I didn't know butter had water in it. The Cabot butter in my freezer says cream and natural flavors (I wonder what THOSE are).
commercial butter is 16 to 17% water. Water is in the cream.

By the way, the water content in food counts for your 6 cups a day. We get a lot of water from our food!

Back
Top Bottom