BYC Café

Wow. It just took my 20 minutes just to read what I've missed !!!
Yep, cold mornings warm afternoons!
Absolutely, if ya let it get ya down, you have lost the war! I loose battles occasionally but ultimately will when the war. :)
Yes! This^^!!! Keep your eyes on the prize. Battle here, battle there, but in the long run, the war has been won!!!
All vegetables have naturally occurring salt and so don't herbs. If you add certain herbs to your food it will give it a salty taste.
I made soup for my cat, without any seasonings at all, just veggies and fish. Well, actually, I added sardines, so that added salt. I had to taste it before I gave it to him, just to make sure it was edible. It was actually quite good. I usually use so many herbs I didn't think I'd like it.
Agave is good too and coconut sugar
Lots of great substitutes. Did read the further comments on agave, so not trying to restart the debate. :) I guess, just make sure you read the label and pay attention to how it was processed. Or buy agave and make your own.
I had someone tell me years ago that I was going to die because I'm vegan 😂 I'm still here 😁
You are wonder woman! An over-comer! Really, you amaze me!
I have a Bee, short for queen Bee. One of my hens hatched 3 eggs out. I named them Queen Bee, Queen Vic and Butthead. BH was one from the start.
Quoting my own post because I don't think anyone got why I was amused at their names. I never watched the cartoon, but I thought it was funny to name my chicks, Bee, Vic and Butthead. :lau It all started because of BH being aggressive to his siblings from the start. That guy had a bad attitude.
I tend to do stuff as I go and then the pan gets too hot or things burn or whatever.. :lau :oops:
I've done that myself! :oops: That's why I use prep dishes.
Whiteys' red baby (bred heifer) had a nice black bull calf early this morning. We were just talking last night about what color it would be and she had it a few hours later.
Congrats on the calf! Thanks for sharing the adorable photo!!
Grass fed butter!! :drool
Always butter! Never yellow solidified oil!!!
Irish butter!
Ima' have to try this!
:idunno
Roast came pre seasoned from Wegmans, and I added some fresh Rosemary from a plant growing in the master bath 'greenhouse'.
I am so jealous that you have a Wedmans!!!

I don't know what HFC means... Can you write out what it means

Agave is low in glucose and doesn't spike your blood sugar like some other sugar alternatives do.
My chickens know what KFC means. I threaten to take them there when they misbehave!:lau
But HFC? I don't know either.

@ValerieJ Wegmans is awesome, but Trader Joe's also has some really great stuff. We also have a bakery/produce place about an hour drive away that is awesome as far as the quality of their stuff. Princess cooked the first 25 years, and the last 30 have become my responsibility. Next lifetime I am going to be a cook - that is after I do my stint as a crow. :p

I went into the Trader Joe's here after it opened a few years ago. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about and haven't been back. BTW, if you are gluten free, stay away from the TJ's GF brownies. Worst things ever!

I use butter for everything. Once in a while I use olive oil, but butter is...better :p
I use olive oil a lot more than butter.

Tonight's broccoli and green beans will be swimming in Irish butter. :drool
See now those are 2 things I would put olive oil on. Most any green veggie actually. I'll put butter on corn and potatoes.

Damn! I'm gonna be late...
That's why he waited almost until it was to be served, too much chance that a lot of BYCers would be at the door.

Wow that sounds amazing!!! I had rice and beans rolled up in a tortilla.....over the sink. :hmm
Tacos here tonight.

It has less water in it so it bakes more like vegetable shortening.

And it tastes good!
I didn't know butter had water in it. The Cabot butter in my freezer says cream and natural flavors (I wonder what THOSE are).

Wow that sounds amazing!!! I had rice and beans rolled up in a tortilla.....over the sink. :hmm

Weird, I guess, but we have a sit down dinner every night. That's one good thing about the way we both were raised. Carried it on with our kids, and now just the two of us. I'll be honest and admit that we use TV tables and eat in the living room with the television on. :oops:

I don't want to mar the dining room table.

Back
Top Bottom