BYC Café

using the wood stove makes the cooking of the broth free at least.
Cool(hot) Beans! Making the most of the heat!
Will it actually boil/simmer on there?
Hot enough to stick to bottom of pot?

That fan in the background.....does it actually move air out into the room?
Saw one once and the rising heat turned the fan blades but really produced no flow to move heat out into room.

Saw one once and the rising heat turned the fan blades but really produced no flow to move heat out into room.
we have the same fan--works to move heat out of corner where stove is--not truly a blower. I like that when it slows down, I know I have to stoke up the fire!

I'll keep an eye on the pot throughout the day. The temp isn't so cold outside that I need the stove that hot.

It's an eco fan. It doesn't move a lot of air.

Our house is little but the public area is open concept. I took the wall down between the living room and kitchen/dining area and moved the cellar stairs out of the way so the hearth room is pretty much all the public space. It can get warm in there when I really have to crank up the stove during deep winter.

I have a pedestal oscillating fan in our bedroom (my 'hot flash' fan!) that I put in the doorway to move the cold air out of there and down the hall. That works far better than trying to blow the warm air into the bedroom. I can feel the warm air in my face when I walk out of the bedroom after putting the fan in the doorway.

we have the same fan--works to move heat out of corner where stove is--not truly a blower. I like that when it slows down, I know I have to stoke up the fire!
Yep! That is my indicator the stove is going into the inactive zone and I need to either flip the bypass lever forward to protect the catalytic combustor or turn up the knob to accelerate the burn.

Back
Top Bottom