BYC Café

My coop shoes are just cheap crocks that I got at Aldi two years ago for $6. The soles had to be glued back onto the toes last year and the heal straps are missing (one of them courtesy of Bella stepping on it and it breaking off).

We stopped at Aldi on the way home and I saw they had them again but not in the blue I currently have. I liked one pair but knew that Fabio would have a fit if I wore that color into the pen. You realize how sad things have gotten when you are considering the fashion opinions of your rooster above your own.

Last edited:
Yes I do not wear Red in with Smudge not surre but he does not care for it I have canvas keds in during the summer rubber boots allot. Did finally buy me nice carhart ladies raincoat just plain black but really like it .. had these pull our over the thumb things took about week cut those fast now just inner cuff.

Sadly, one of my new chicks died last night, one of the Jubilee Orpingtons. RIP, tiny girl.

But here are pictures of the rest!
Top to bottom: May, Widget, Stormy
IMG_E0930.JPG

IMG_E0946.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

Stormy is going to be the brave one. She's checking out the phone.
IMG_0934.JPG

Peckpeckpeckpeck

Three bouncy, chirpy chicks this morning! :thumbsup

I originally wanted 3 Blue Australorps. Had to order 5. They had 2, so I added the 2 Jubilees. Lost one Jubilee. So I'm where I was planning to be, in my number of chicks. I'm ok with that.

It IS hard to lose one; it's the first chick I've lost. A week ago, I would have been in tears. Losing Mara made me a little bit numb, I guess. I'm still sad, though.

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee.
In a shooting class (long ago), we had to run up a hill, then shoot 6 rounds, as fast as you could, into a paper plate about 6 feet away. The idea was to get your heart racing, as it would be, in a life-or-death shooting situation.

I outran the old man with the cane. That's it. :gig
So, you're the one who beat me. :old

Back
Top Bottom