BYC Café

They're here! I have chicks! :wee :celebrate :clap :ya I haven't downloaded pictures yet.

I have two Blue Australorps and two Jubilee Orpingtons. I had originally ordered 5 Blues, but due to the hatch rate, they only got 2. (Mine, mine!) They didn't have any more Black Aussies, and Jubillees were the only Orps they had.

The Blues will be named May and Stormy. The Orps will be Widget and Pearl.

They are under the brooder plate, and have gotten quiet, so I think they're taking a post trip nap. When they get up, I'll get more pictures.

Just say no to snakes huh
Not me! I like them.
I fished the same snake out of my basement twice in the same day. The first time I found it half stuffed into a pipe I was working on. I released it outside then went home for lunch.
Came back and he was crawling along the top of the basement wall. I caught him again and released him across the "moat" in the woods and that time he stayed out.

A smallish garter snake came out of the barn this morning as I was backing the mower in. Not sure why a snake would want to be in there.

Might even speed rusting.
Pretty much guaranteed. Best to lift the machine and scrape all the grass out if it is sticking to the deck.

High 70's , maybe 1 or 2 80's. Normal should be 90 which I see forecasted toward the end of this coming week.
OK so your "really cool" is our hot! Your hot is our unbearable. :D

The mechanic called to let me know the tractor was ready to pick up. That was very fast!
Hitched the trailer and left around 7:30 to get it. Heading up his road I saw flashing lights. By the time I got to the vehicles with the lights it was too late to take another route. A tree branch had fallen across a power line and fire trucks were just starting to block the road with another huge truck coming up behind me.
I'm rather freaking out because I'm now getting boxed in and have to turn around with the trailer!
A fireman waltzes up to me and said, with a somewhat pissy expression, "you can't go that way, you have to turn around".
I replied just as pissily, "Yes, I can now see THAT! But I've got to turn this thing around and I've got a firetruck up my ass"!
That's about when he noticed the trailer.

Got the tractor home, unloaded and immediately cut the grass in the chicken pen and finished at 9:15.

All of this was preceded by pulling into the Kohl's parking lot to see this lovely display of podiatry hygiene.
IMG_20210605_175649808.jpg

The mechanic called to let me know the tractor was ready to pick up. That was very fast!
Hitched the trailer and left around 7:30 to get it. Heading up his road I saw flashing lights. By the time I got to the vehicles with the lights it was too late to take another route. A tree branch had fallen across a power line and fire trucks were just starting to block the road with another huge truck coming up behind me.
I'm rather freaking out because I'm now getting boxed in and have to turn around with the trailer!
A fireman waltzes up to me and said, with a somewhat pissy expression, "you can't go that way, you have to turn around".
I replied just as pissily, "Yes, I can now see THAT! But I've got to turn this thing around and I've got a firetruck up my ass"!
That's about when he noticed the trailer.

Got the tractor home, unloaded and immediately cut the grass in the chicken pen and finished at 9:15.

All of this was preceded by pulling into the Kohl's parking lot to see this lovely display of podiatry hygiene.
View attachment 2705894
You have something stapled on forehead :lau

Good morning! Coffee, coffee, coffee... Thanks, DL!
DH and I went down to our friend's lower ranch to help out yesterday and it was hot!
I think near 90. I survived better than I thought I was going to. DH scared a big old snake into the pond while cutting some ROlive suckers. He was not happy, neither of them...
The grass is pushing 3 ft high and my friend has a hard time walking in it, but the hay pastures have been cut, so that is good. We brought our log splitter down to deal with a few 3 ft locust rounds because the splitter there is belt-driven and a wuss. We traded our day of work for 150 bales of hay, which I need to get on Monday with DS$ after he gets back from KS. He does not know this yet... ;) He won his Greco bracket out there yesterday and today is Freestyle.
I will be holding horses for the shoer, missing the action, but DH will be staked out by the computer.
Stay cool, dry, or some such thing, Cafe, and enjoy the day!

Back
Top Bottom