CACKLE HATCHERY

My father ordered the surprise from Cackle Hatchery, and he received the birds three weeks ago. There were nearly 50 birds in the shipment. He received a variety of chicks and three ducks. A few of the yellow chicks died the first day, but the rest of the birds are healthy.

About a week after my father received the birds he discovered that one of the "chicks" was a turkey. It looks like a Bronze Broad Breasted Turkey on the cackle Hatchery website. I guess he'll have a turkey for Thanksgiving.

The order, with shipping, was $61.

This is the best deal I have found if a person is not picky about what breed of chicks are received, and there can be ducks, geese, and turkeys included.

First of all I would never order any thing from Ideal hatchery, here in Hawaii we Have some of the strictest guidelines for importing Anything let alone poultry, Ideal sometimes sends "surprises in the shipments so be careful, you might end up with a fowl of a different feather! and the quality is less than how shall we say' fully feathered". i would stick with Cackle or someone who breeds there own poultry Like Jeff Smith or Tommy Culpepper not from some factory, as for the pricing well, you get what you pay for!! Most people don't have a clue about what it takes to "produce" quality anything let alone chickens so $14.95 for 5 seems like wholesale to me as far as Murray Mcmurray they seem to have a following here in the islands but the price are about the same.

My father ordered the surprise from Cackle Hatchery, and he received the birds three weeks ago. There were nearly 50 birds in the shipment. He received a variety of chicks and three ducks. A few of the yellow chicks died the first day, but the rest of the birds are healthy.

About a week after my father received the birds he discovered that one of the "chicks" was a turkey. It looks like a Bronze Broad Breasted Turkey on the cackle Hatchery website. I guess he'll have a turkey for Thanksgiving.

The order, with shipping, was $61.

This is the best deal I have found if a person is not picky about what breed of chicks are received, and there can be ducks, geese, and turkeys included.

That is a fantastic deal!
I have ordered poults from cackle, and had a great experience....no doa's and all lived to adulthood.

I have ordered from cackle hatchery for the past 3 years, they always send quality poultry and none of my chicks have ever died, or been shipped dead from cackle. Hope this helps your desicion.

I got our chicks last Thursday, they shipped out on Wednesday. Wasn't expecting them to get here so fast. All the chicks look great, and are healthy. Love Cackle!!

big_smile.png

Well I got my chicks and they are beautiful, healthy, babies. My order was delayed two weeks because they didn't have enough of the Golden Laced Wyandottes that I ordered. I got an email Monday morning saying they shipped them out at around 9:30 am, and they'd probably be arriving on Wednesday, possibly Thursday at the latest. Well, they came in on Tuesday, just one day after they shipped them out! I went to get them from my local post office at 1:00 pm. Now mind you, Cackle Hatchery is in Missouri, and I live in Pennsylvania, so I'd say that's pretty good timing! They also sent me an extra Australorp.
big_smile.png

I agree with SundownWaterfowl 100%! I'll definately be dealing with Cackle Hatchery from now on!

I live near Cackle Hatchery and have been over there several times. They run a very clean hatchery with great customer service. Everything that I've ever purchased from them was good hearty stock. They get two thumbs up from me.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
Just thought that I'd share that since I've been there and seen their operation first hand.

EE aren't a breed?

"Easter Egger" chickens are those that don't meet the standards for Araucana or Ameraucana and can lay blue, green, or even brown eggs. They say that no hatchery sells Ameraucanas that meet the standards, so they are really "Easter Egger" chickens.

I always put "Easter Egger" in quote marks because it is not a breed.

I live near Cackle Hatchery and have been over there several times. They run a very clean hatchery with great customer service. Everything that I've ever purchased from them was good hearty stock. They get two thumbs up from me.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
Just thought that I'd share that since I've been there and seen their operation first hand.

goodpost.gif
That's good to hear!

Back
Top Bottom