Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Anyone have any updates on the hatchery surprise or anyone order one ?
big_smile.png

i want this special SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. i just ordered 10 bo pullets, 5 light brama pullets and 1 cockrel, 5 rir straight run, and 2 ancona ducks from cackle, they are my favorite hatchery, last year i got every peep alive plus some, no doas. i think they are great and this year there customer service problem is all fixed and ive never had a busy signal yet. their birds are great quality.
i want the special,i want it i want it! hubby says no. i already ordered birds. uuuuggggghhhhh. i think ill wait till may, ill have worn him down by then maybe, ill keep telling him what a great bargain he is getting and how good home grown turkey tastes! really though its the suprise i really want , it is just so exciting to open the box and have no idea whats in it! its like christmas! its such a collorful assortment from what ive read here.
by may they will have plenty of guinies and geese too, everything will be hatching and nothing will be out of season yet. so i think ill call on a wed in may, that is if i can bring hubby around to my side!

I just ordered mine to come in April. By then the meaties will be gone and the pen will be cleaned and there will be a place for them. I am anxious to see what I get.

oooooh. its so exciting.! be sure to let us know what you get. i suppose ill just live vicariously through your hatchery suprise. that is....unless i can convince hubby.
but really, he is right,we live on a 1 acre lot,with barely enough ground space for a good Garden, and we are about to get 21 more peeps and 2 ducks. the coop is being enlarged and deaer husband is building a duck house for me, and a little pond if he can figure out a good place for it. so really a hatchery supprise is biting off more than we can chew,at this point, because we wont know what we are getting and what kind of housing it will need.
.......................................very logical.....................................................but i still want one and think we could figure out where to put them by the time they are out of the brooder if we worked fast! RIGHT?!

Last edited:
Get the book The Square Foot Garden. It will show you how to raise a LOT of food with a minimum of labor on a very small bit of land. Then you will have more room for chickens. Don't tell hubby I told you though....

Just got my book this week - gonna order it again!!!!! But, I'm gonna have to wait til it warms up a bit. We still have our two ducks from the "surprise" from last year. I sold off a lot of my misc. birds to get reorganized this year, but it was so fun to see the assortment that I'm gonna do it again!!!!!!

you know, my husband was talking about selling the excess of what we didnt want , IF, we get a hatchey suprise, this is a great improvement from the plain old, NO, i got before, so i think hes comming around. its just that we have alot of birds, alot more on there way, and really to tell the truth..........i dont NEED any more, i wont die without them . but i sure would love to have them, and he knows that
love.gif
. so since he has thought about it, making a little profit off the excess birds wouldnt be so bad. i dont have the yes yet, but i think hell come around. and even if he doesnt...theres always next year!
update...............................................he said yes, yay! so im getting my hatchery surprise on wed. ill keep all hatchery surprise lovers updated.

Last edited:
ya.gif
im getting really excited about this hatchery surprise. itll be here on wed! geese arent hatching till after easter, but i asked and turkeys and ducks are all hatching! cant wait cant wait.(obsessed much)
ok ill post pics wednesday morning!
lol.png
wee.gif

I couldn't read all these posts, Wayne I hate you , you people have all lost your minds. I'm going to invest in pharmacuticals, you people need help big time. Your like those crazy old ladies who have hundreds of cats. Only difference is if one of yours dies you can eat it. You'll get a 12 step program all right and every step will be in chicken poop. I think I can hear the sirens now, I told her to put the phone down, but she kept running around the house screaming "we do so need more chickens, aaaaaggghhhhhhhh!". I hope an egg explodes in your incubator!
barnie.gif
tongue.gif

Quote:
well, thank goodness someone finally noticed our cry for help! but this is gonna tale a whole lot more than 12 steps.
and who says the crazy cat lady cant eat her cats?

Back
Top Bottom