Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I got my surprise! YAY!
It's hard to count so many chicks, but I believe I have 35 chicks, 2 ducklings, and 2 turkey poults. One chick was dead on arrival. With him, my count would be exactly 40 babies, if I'm counting correctly, which is what Cackle guarantees in each order.
I'm tempted to overwhelm the forum with "what breed is this?!" pictures, but I guess I'll be nice and spare everybody 100 pictures of chicks :)

I *think* I got a bourbon red turkey. The second turkey is white/yellow, so I'm not sure if it is a white broad breasted or a royal palm. Does anybody know how to tell the difference at this age? I don't want to get attached if it is a white broad breasted, since with their growth you either have to butcher them or they die young. :( Here is a photo:
14j8gh0.jpg

I have lots of feathered feet, a few vaulted/crested heads, some beards, some super fluffy, and everything in between. The variety of chickens they sent me is huge. I have no clue how I'm going to pick who to keep and who to sell.

Here are some random pics. If you recognize any breed, let me know, otherwise, just enjoy :) I know I am!

2jfeyjo.jpg

2usc3gn.jpg

sfigrm.jpg

Very cool! It's so neat to see the variety that you get. Mine from my first surprise are a bit over 2 months old, and they've got their feathers and it's so near to watch them. Cackle does a good job with the variety. I have a second surprise shipping next week!

I've noticed people seem to be getting less birds. I got my surprise in March, and most people around that time seemed to get 50+ chicks, and maybe a duck and a turkey. I got 54 chicks, 2 ducks and a turkey. I wonder if that was because it was so early in the season they had lots of extras and not many surprises to ship? It seems like everyone is ordering surprises now!

Very cool! It's so neat to see the variety that you get. Mine from my first surprise are a bit over 2 months old, and they've got their feathers and it's so near to watch them. Cackle does a good job with the variety. I have a second surprise shipping next week!

I've noticed people seem to be getting less birds. I got my surprise in March, and most people around that time seemed to get 50+ chicks, and maybe a duck and a turkey. I got 54 chicks, 2 ducks and a turkey. I wonder if that was because it was so early in the season they had lots of extras and not many surprises to ship? It seems like everyone is ordering surprises now!

How much do they charge for the surprises? See aalot of people on here ordering from them I never have :) YET!! hehe

I got my surprise! YAY!
It's hard to count so many chicks, but I believe I have 35 chicks, 2 ducklings, and 2 turkey poults. One chick was dead on arrival. With him, my count would be exactly 40 babies, if I'm counting correctly, which is what Cackle guarantees in each order.
I'm tempted to overwhelm the forum with "what breed is this?!" pictures, but I guess I'll be nice and spare everybody 100 pictures of chicks
smile.png

I *think* I got a bourbon red turkey. The second turkey is white/yellow, so I'm not sure if it is a white broad breasted or a royal palm. Does anybody know how to tell the difference at this age? I don't want to get attached if it is a white broad breasted, since with their growth you either have to butcher them or they die young.
sad.png
Here is a photo:
14j8gh0.jpg
My BBW turkeys had darker heads than this poult.

I have lots of feathered feet, a few vaulted/crested heads, some beards, some super fluffy, and everything in between. The variety of chickens they sent me is huge. I have no clue how I'm going to pick who to keep and who to sell.

Here are some random pics. If you recognize any breed, let me know, otherwise, just enjoy
smile.png
I know I am!

2jfeyjo.jpg
I think I see Lakenvelder, Black Sex Link pullets, that Cochin to the right of center looks like a Golden Laced or Partridge
2usc3gn.jpg
I see Barred pullets and cockerels, white rocks, columbian something (white & grey, look at pictures of columbian wyandottes and rocks), Egyptian Fayomi, Gold Laced Polish, I think White Rocks, Silver Laced Polish maybe
sfigrm.jpg
Bottom left looks like a Buttercup

I got my first surprise in March too! 57 birds including two BBW turkeys and then ordered a second surprise to be delivered on the 2nd lol ...hoping for more turkeys and maybe a goose or two

I got my first surprise in March too! 57 birds including two BBW turkeys and then ordered a second surprise to be delivered on the 2nd lol ...hoping for more turkeys and maybe a goose or two
If you want geese, Ideal Poultry has been running call in specials nearly every week. Today they sent out a notice, for the 5/28 hatch, $5.95 each. Minimum is 8. I did that a few weeks ago.

If you want geese, Ideal Poultry has been running call in specials nearly every week. Today they sent out a notice, for the 5/28 hatch, $5.95 each. Minimum is 8. I did that a few weeks ago.
my husband would kill me lol....but if they come in the surprise well then it was just fate lol. Actually I have a friend who has been looking for a gander for her goose so I told her she could have mine if I got one. I'm holding out on ordering geese till I can get a Sebastopol pair.

Back
Top Bottom