California - Northern

Some amazing peafowl pictures here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-visit-to-taylor-hill-game-farm#post_14141424

Many more just like:
Photos by @Bluecreekfarms

Cameo Pied split Peach and Blackshoulder Peacock

Bronze White Eyed Peacock

-Kathy

Oh my. They're fantastic! I see we are moving on from Enabling 101 to Advanced Enabling.
big_smile.png

@ronott1 Ok here are my new layers. The colors in real life are a little more vibrant than the pics .
On the right: UofA Arkansas blue
Middle: OE cross(penedesenca x UofA )
Left: accidental hatch. I grabbed the wrong egg for the incubator. I thought it would be an OE , but the mom as an EE . Apparently she did not pass on the blue egg gene.
But she's a nice layer and she's pretty

You are so lucky to have those new egg layers!

Amazing eggs.

5 Egg Day Yeah. The butff who laid it has been going into the nest box for the last couple of days. She doesnt squat like the others do but she laid today.
1 more buff to go and it will be 6 egg day soon. Then the long wait for Blue egg day and pita egg day.

What would cause a normally brown egg layer to lay an almost white egg. Ive seen splotchy pigmentation on some on occasion but this one was so pale it seemed almost white.
Yeah! I am still very hit & miss with my new layers. I will get 1 from what must be a new layer and then no more for several days. I have 8 that are laying and 3 or 4 mor that should be any time, but some days I only get 1 or 2 and other days I get 5. 2 of those layers are raising chicks or getting reasy to hatch some some so obviously I don't expect any from them.

Some amazing peafowl pictures here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-visit-to-taylor-hill-game-farm#post_14141424

Many more just like:
Photos by @Bluecreekfarms

Cameo Pied split Peach and Blackshoulder Peacock

Bronze White Eyed Peacock

-Kathy

OMG...these are absolutley gorgeous! Good thing I could never get away with having them here or my DH would divorce me....
Quail really are small!!
They are! That's why they are so irrisistable!

@ronott1 Ok here are my new layers. The colors in real life are a little more vibrant than the pics .
On the right: UofA Arkansas blue
Middle: OE cross(penedesenca x UofA )
Left: accidental hatch. I grabbed the wrong egg for the incubator. I thought it would be an OE , but the mom as an EE . Apparently she did not pass on the blue egg gene.
But she's a nice layer and she's pretty
They are beautiful! Wish my OE egg was that pretty....

You are so lucky to have those new egg layers! Amazing eggs.
thank you Ron for letting me get the eggs from you. I am really happy with them! And I'm hoping with hitting pol, I'll have some eggs during winter. At least some hopefully.
Yeah! I am still very hit & miss with my new layers. I will get 1 from what must be a new layer and then no more for several days. I have 8 that are laying and 3 or 4 mor that should be any time, but some days I only get 1 or 2 and other days I get 5. 2 of those layers are raising chicks or getting reasy to hatch some some so obviously I don't expect any from them. OMG...these are absolutley gorgeous! Good thing I could never get away with having them here or my DH would divorce me.... They are! That's why they are so irrisistable! They are beautiful! Wish my OE egg was that pretty....
I never thought I'd do quail. Chiqita has such a wealth of knowledge about a lot of birds. After talking to her, I couldn't resist....on them and the muscovies :) And your new eggs are so pretty too! I love eggs from new layers
Beautiful! Next year... (rubs hands together greedily).
I feel the same!! I shouldn't , but keep eyeing the pita pintas :)

Last edited:
Quote: She is definitley a good sales person. We will see how I feel about them after the winter is over though. I think the way I have them set up I have made more work for myself. I may have to rethink the stacked cage setup. I feel like they don't really have as much room as I would like for them. I may cut back to just 2 varieties....probably A&M and Jumbos.

My peafowl are quite boring by comparison, lol, but like you, I love the browns and the peach. If anyone want to see more colors, check out the website that @new 2 pfowl has been putting together, it contains pictures from lots of BYC members and a few peafowl breeders.
http://peafowlimagedatabase.weebly.com/

-Kathy

I don't think there is such a thing as a boring peacock!
Oh my. They're fantastic! I see we are moving on from Enabling 101 to Advanced Enabling.
big_smile.png
lau.gif
Maybe someday I will win the lottery and have enough property for peafowl and geese and turkeys and ALL THE BIRDS! I would have to start playing the lottery, though.

Awww...love them stripes too.
me too! I got 24 so far! They re super cute and fast already. Just have to make sure they don't get loose in the house. Can you imagine company comes over and quail run from couch to couch, ;)
And I love your babies too. You have some really nice birds over there . The pullets I got from you are doin super well. They're huge and the leaders of the pack :)

me too! I got 24 so far! They re super cute and fast already. Just have to make sure they don't get loose in the house. Can you imagine company comes over and quail run from couch to couch,
wink.png

And I love your babies too. You have some really nice birds over there . The pullets I got from you are doin super well. They're huge and the leaders of the pack
smile.png
Tee-hee! Great visual of quail begging from your guests...

Thank you! I love my big, fat orps for Jeff (Papa Brooder).
The 3 cuckoo ones are HUGE, basketball-looking things.
I have one black who is such a character. She lets herself be cuddled by my 5-yr-old as well as being right up front for any treats.
I am slightly regretting not keeping a jubilee pullets, but there's always more hatching egss...
wink.png

The latest batch are almost a month old - there are 7 black & 3 chocolates. They are all major mealworms hogs & have lost any fear of hands since they now usually contain treats.
It's so fun to watch them develop their feathering & personalities.

Back
Top Bottom