California-Southern

Wow, CRAZY winds today! How does everyone deal with the wind? My poor chickens are all hiding inside, or are all piled in a corner. My poor car is getting pelted from all the bark and debris from the trees surrounding my yard. Glad the trash got picked up early, and didn't tip over until they were empty. Neighbors on the other side of the street weren't so lucky. Their trash is blowing everywhere.

The fires burning up in Sonoma -I hope the wind isn't as bad up there. Stay safe everyone!

H+ello group, I am not on here much anymore, but I have some chickens & chicks available as we downsize a bit going into winter.

Trio of Whiting Tru Blues available in Menifee, CA.

$60, hatched this February from McMurray hatchery. Hard to get hands on these. Hens are splash, one just successfully brooded a clutch and despite being with 4 roos of various colors all 10 babies were blue (weird fluke? I am not sure). The second hen is not pictured, but she is primarily white with scant black splash. Lay consistent light blue eggs of medium size, but supposedly they will grow to large as the pullets get older. Currently molting & not laying though.

I also have some 4 week EEs Welsummers, Silver lace Wyandotte, Whiting True Blue Cross babies (all blue feathered), & some pullets also from Feb hatch (Cuckoo Marans, Partridge Rock, Blue Wyandotte, etc. almost everyone is molting & on strike from laying) $25 for layers, $10 for chicks (discount on 3+)

***Also please excuse the mess, I broke my thumb & my hand is in a splint & the kids don't clean as well as mom *sigh*

wtb roo.jpg

wtb1.jpg

H+ello group, I am not on here much anymore, but I have some chickens & chicks available as we downsize a bit going into winter.

Trio of Whiting Tru Blues available in Menifee, CA.

$60, hatched this February from McMurray hatchery. Hard to get hands on these. Hens are splash, one just successfully brooded a clutch and despite being with 4 roos of various colors all 10 babies were blue (weird fluke? I am not sure). The second hen is not pictured, but she is primarily white with scant black splash. Lay consistent light blue eggs of medium size, but supposedly they will grow to large as the pullets get older. Currently molting & not laying though.

I also have some 4 week EEs Welsummers, Silver lace Wyandotte, Whiting True Blue Cross babies (all blue feathered), & some pullets also from Feb hatch (Cuckoo Marans, Partridge Rock, Blue Wyandotte, etc. almost everyone is molting & on strike from laying) $25 for layers, $10 for chicks (discount on 3+)

***Also please excuse the mess, I broke my thumb & my hand is in a splint & the kids don't clean as well as mom *sigh*

View attachment 1157968
View attachment 1157969

I sent you a PM... :)

Hi, I'm located in the Pasadena area (Los Angeles) and am posting to see if anybody here has a hen in need of a home. My flock has recently been reduced to one hen, a 4 year old barred rock named Prudence. I am looking for a friend for her. If requested, I can provide a photo of the yard/space.

I hope posting this here isn't against the rules. I did check the rehoming threads, but thought I would post here (it might be a long shot). Thanks, all.

Looking to rehome my point of lay leghorn x ayam cemani Pullets (8) of them. They are white with black sport.
Also 5, 10 month "trader Joe" leghorns.
These are $15 each.
Also ayam cemani Pullets $25.
Leaving town in just over a week and have to have these girls rehomed ASAP

Anyone using Kahoots chicken feed? I'm using Scratch and Peck layer, but I have had insects in two bags in the last 6 months. Source of the insects probably from the feed store, but looking for other options where I can pick up the feed rather than shipping it.

Anyone using Kahoots chicken feed? I'm using Scratch and Peck layer, but I have had insects in two bags in the last 6 months. Source of the insects probably from the feed store, but looking for other options where I can pick up the feed rather than shipping it.

I have a local friend that orders directly from scratch and feed, it's cheaper that way. She does a bulk order. if you can find a group of local folks that want to go in and order directly, I can get you the info to get you started. I think you need a minimum of 50 bags or so. So, it's helpful to get a group together.

Back
Top Bottom