calling any one from missouri

I personally have not had very good luck with heartland. They live like 10 miles or less from me, but before I started strictly buying from breeders I had bought silkies from them and most died within 1 week. 1 silkie turned out to be crossed with a Large chicken and only part silkie and he said that most of his chicks come from Ideal hatchery I think he gets like a drop shipment or something. Oh and the chances of getting all roosters is very high I know someone that had asked for all pullets and he picked out pullets for them that later ended up being 100% roosters. So use caution when buying from heartland.

Anyone purchased from Heartland Hatchery? They seem to sell mostly south of KC and out into KS. I saw an ad were they are looking to sell someone excess chicks that do not sell on their weekly 'chick day'. It would be a way to get a variety of chickens pretty cheap. You have to take them all and get no selection...but it could be interesting!

Here is the newest ad - Chick days 2012 dates & locations

Would be interested to know of the quality of birds they sell if anyone has experience.

I also have a 3 week old Blue Marans that needs a new home. It appears to be a cockerel. If you interested let me know. Hubby works in KC so it could be brought down there.

welcome-byc.gif
Madabtchickens!

MadabtChickens, welcome to this sight. When and what kind of chickens are you getting? I live up in Marionville so we aren't to far away. Love to come down to the red roof mall and the other two to shop. Welcome again!

Thank you, mopargal! I'm loving this forum!
Quote:

there's another MO thread? add a link?
big_smile.png

Yep. I just found this one today even though it's more active than the other. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/69036/missouri

MadabtChickens, welcome to this sight. When and what kind of chickens are you getting? I live up in Marionville so we aren't to far away. Love to come down to the red roof mall and the other two to shop. Welcome again!

Thank you! I've wanted chickens for many years and am now in a place where I can have them. I will be turning my garden shed into a coop. Plan on getting 2 silkies, 4 RIRs, maybe a few true Ameraucanas, and the rest will be EEs. All hens. Will be getting them in the next couple of months.

next time i come to branson fshing i will find out where ya'll are so i can come by and check out some chickens.

on another note, feb. 17th in vinita oklahoma at he fairgrounds will be a poultry and eqipment auction. this will be the second sale, te first was very well attended and had lot of eqipment and birds. if anyone needs info p.m. me and i will give you the guy's number.

Back
Top Bottom