Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
Hello!

Please may I have some advice on my silver Campine? She is about four to five months old and not very big (well, knowing nothing about them, she is smaller than my other chickens) - she has a very tight comb and its not as red as the combs on my other girls. When she was younger she ran about everywhere and was quite active but lately she has been more subdued and her tail isn't always up like the photos of the ones you have all posted - she is eating and drinking and I can't feel anything lodged anywhere, she just seems a bit flat - I thought she was maybe moulting but I don't think she is old enough is she? And I only found a couple of feathers!
She will let me pick her up and does follow me around - she sounds like a Pterodactyl when she doesn't like something.
My chicken vet is away for a few more days - should I be taking her there or is her behaviour normal? She often will sit on the deck and she also will fly out of my garden and forage in the paddock to return when called (I have to keep them in the garden now due to a recent fox attack).
Any advice about her will be appreciated, she is a sweetie.

Hello!

Please may I have some advice on my silver Campine? She is about four to five months old and not very big (well, knowing nothing about them, she is smaller than my other chickens) - she has a very tight comb and its not as red as the combs on my other girls. When she was younger she ran about everywhere and was quite active but lately she has been more subdued and her tail isn't always up like the photos of the ones you have all posted - she is eating and drinking and I can't feel anything lodged anywhere, she just seems a bit flat - I thought she was maybe moulting but I don't think she is old enough is she? And I only found a couple of feathers!
She will let me pick her up and does follow me around - she sounds like a Pterodactyl when she doesn't like something.
My chicken vet is away for a few more days - should I be taking her there or is her behaviour normal? She often will sit on the deck and she also will fly out of my garden and forage in the paddock to return when called (I have to keep them in the garden now due to a recent fox attack).
Any advice about her will be appreciated, she is a sweetie.
Did she or any of the others get injured in the fox attack? Even if they didn't I'd worry about shock from the incident. You might want to try posting on the Emergency, Medical thread to get some advice.
Good luck with her!
Jan

Last edited:
No, no! She came way after the fox attack - I got her just before Christmas as she was attacking the silkie she was living with.
I had to get a new feathered family as I had one surviving big girl and one silkie but that was way back in October/November...

She isn't happy today but the weather is horrible

Is this a cross of this breed with a frizzle Cochin ?

Thanks I really like this chicken I call it "black eye p". It's small bantam sized and I'm pretty sure it's been laying eggs

This is my newest Golden Campine chick, about 2 weeks old. Already a large comb. I'm new to raising chickens so im not sure but do you all think it's a roo?

This is my newest Golden Campine chick, about 2 weeks old. Already a large comb. I'm new to raising chickens so im not sure but do you all think it's a roo?

Yes, roo would be my guess because the comb is so large and bright. You won't know for sure for a few weeks yet then he'll probably start to crow.

I just brought 5 new golden campine chick home that are dunlap stock.....straight run.

Back
Top Bottom