Cat brought me a present! Any ideas on breed?

These are from our FaceTime talk yesterday since I've been out of town for over a week. I'm sure she misses me!

This is the cutest thing ever! I love that she's face timing you! Lol! You can see she's trying to figure it out.

Well, I arrived home after 2 weeks out of town and boy oh boy have we grown! Nugget's feathers seem to grow and change daily! Tail feathers are dark. There are also dark markings on his/her sides. I've noticed as the neck feathers are coming in, they have some dark spots as well. Can anyone confirm on the type of comb style? I'm still learning a lot about chickens but is there a name for the color markings on the feathers? I read where wyandottes can have "mossy" or "ticked" feathers...Or other feathers are "laced". Just trying to break everything down. It's like a riddle I know I will probably never solve. Just like we will never know where the cat nabbed her from. Lol. I was thinking sex link or production red but the neck looks kind of like brahma feather coloring. I've decided that I am going to casually walk the dog over to the nearest chickens(a block over from us) and take notes on their roosters. They have 2 that I have heard. Could possibly find a chicken baby daddy? My husband thinks I've lost my mind. He's content with a "mutt chicken". Here are a bunch of pics of Nuggets coloring...

You are becoming one of us! XD

I am officially a chicken lady! I'm hooked! My husband was leery about keeping chickens but he's done some light internet reading and has informed me that "it's apparently a thing". He was also at happy hour with coworkers when someone asked about his chickens. He tells the story and he's interrupted by the new guy that was so excited to share that he has pet chickens and how awesome they are. The hubby feels pretty cool now that he's been validated by another male, lol. We have 3 but I often think about adding other breeds. :p

I am officially a chicken lady! I'm hooked! My husband was leery about keeping chickens but he's done some light internet reading and has informed me that "it's apparently a thing". He was also at happy hour with coworkers when someone asked about his chickens. He tells the story and he's interrupted by the new guy that was so excited to share that he has pet chickens and how awesome they are. The hubby feels pretty cool now that he's been validated by another male, lol. We have 3 but I often think about adding other breeds. :p

Don't worry, you'll soon have more chickens than you know what to do with. I started with eight, I'm afraid to count what I've got right now. We'll just say a lot.

Back
Top Bottom