Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Not sure if this has been asked before, but is shipping allowed without NPIP certification? I’ve seen a few listings on the auction thread and they don’t seem to specify if they are NPIP or not... :idunno
Depends on the state of both buyer and seller, actually.
One of the most active sellers in the auction is not NPIP and in fact, most people selling on BYC aren't. It really isn't a big deal if you're not shipping live birds.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but is shipping allowed without NPIP certification? I’ve seen a few listings on the auction thread and they don’t seem to specify if they are NPIP or not... :idunno

Technically it's not allowed for the large majority of states. It's also pretty much never enforced.

Some states even require permits separate from NPIP stuff to import eggs, but no one is really checking.

If you're curious, here are the requirements by state:

http://poultryimprovement.org/documents/stateImportationRequirements.pdf

Just out of curiosity, is anyone still interested in hatching eggs by this point in the season? I know it's late.

To whom it may apply, eggs are only allowed to be shipped if they are not likely to be harmed by anticipated temperature changes while in Postal Service custody. Use your best judgment when shipping or bidding on eggs.

Sellers beware: If you ship live birds please review the pricing. USPS has recently jacked the prices of shipping oversize boxes so incredibly high. I do not know if other things/laws have changed regarding shipping eggs or live animals. This is by weight, so keep in mind weight when shipping eggs that are not shipped in a flat rate box.

Best,
-Cyprus

Back
Top Bottom