Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Have 8 adorable babies this morning and 2 more pipped 😍

Hatched so far are 2 bieles, 4 marans, and my own two "buddy eggs".

(I usually put a couple of my own eggs in with shipped eggs so if i get a lone hatcher on the shipped eggs I'm not forced into buying the minimum of 6 at the feed store to be its buddy. Haha I also do this because if my own don't develop or hatch, its a red flag for me that it was an issue on my end and not the eggs being mishandled while shipped, etc., and to check out my instruments. Anyone else do this?)

I highly recommend @pidgey104 for shipped eggs. I received 14 excellently packed eggs. Every single one started. In the end 6 chicks hatched no problem. 1 is still trying to hatch but malpositioned so not sure if it'll make it. Here's 5 of them that are fluffed up and beautiful! Easter eggers. Thanks so much pidgey104!

20210215_190842.jpg
20210215_190802.jpg
20210215_190731.jpg
20210215_190716.jpg
20210215_190703.jpg

Well, I've tried a few times to get some pics and failed to get shots that do these little guys justice. I had forgotten how hard it is to photograph black chickens. I will say though that I highly recommend RoosterML to anyone looking for marans. The egg colors were a rich dark brown. He generously included many extras and they were perfectly packed. Even with the post office giving them a good shake or two, I have 5 exquisitely beautiful chickies happy and healthy as can be in my brooder! Can't wait to see my egg basket this summer!!

Thanks @RoosterML for setting me up for a great hatch!! These babies are stunning! :love

20210216_101307.jpg

20210216_101313.jpg

20210216_101310.jpg

Well, I've tried a few times to get some pics and failed to get shots that do these little guys justice. I had forgotten how hard it is to photograph black chickens. I will say though that I highly recommend RoosterML to anyone looking for marans. The egg colors were a rich dark brown. He generously included many extras and they were perfectly packed. Even with the post office giving them a good shake or two, I have 5 exquisitely beautiful chickies happy and healthy as can be in my brooder! Can't wait to see my egg basket this summer!!

Thanks @RoosterML for setting me up for a great hatch!! These babies are stunning! :love

View attachment 2535506
View attachment 2535508
View attachment 2535509
Geeezz look at those feathered feet :eek:
Thank you very much. Not really happy that you didn’t get more but glad you got the 5 👍

Geeezz look at those feathered feet :eek:
Thank you very much. Not really happy that you didn’t get more but glad you got the 5 👍
Aren't those feathered feet adorable?! I'm very happy with these 5. There were at least a handful of eggs that had totally detached air cells from the bumpy ride and some others that went just about all the way around. I think they did great considering that!

They're also very active and alert. Very beautiful birds! Thank you!! 🐤

I highly recommend @pidgey104 for shipped eggs. I received 14 excellently packed eggs. Every single one started. In the end 6 chicks hatched no problem. 1 is still trying to hatch but malpositioned so not sure if it'll make it. Here's 5 of them that are fluffed up and beautiful! Easter eggers. Thanks so much pidgey104!

View attachment 2531639View attachment 2531640View attachment 2531641View attachment 2531642View attachment 2531643
Awesome Glad you got a hatch!!. Ive been hatching these here local and been selling out like crazy. That last one must have came from the brown egg. Im working on getting more colorful EEs

Back
Top Bottom