Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

I've seen @cree57i Silver Ameraucanas several times in person... yes, they're the real deal and very nice quality... :)

1f495.png
1f425.png
1f389.png
must acquire more eggs!!!
1f926-1f3fc.png
♀️
1f61c.png

Not so ...Accidentally Bought another bator!

Have any of y'all ever dealt with a lost package? I shipped a package of eggs out Monday from TN. They were supposed to arrive yesterday in NY, but upon checking tracking, they're still not showing movement after arriving at the Chattanooga, TN hub. If, by some miracle, they do still arrive, what would you recommend the buyer do? I'm just looking for some input as I've never dealt with this before.

Have any of y'all ever dealt with a lost package? I shipped a package of eggs out Monday from TN. They were supposed to arrive yesterday in NY, but upon checking tracking, they're still not showing movement after arriving at the Chattanooga, TN hub. If, by some miracle, they do still arrive, what would you recommend the buyer do? I'm just looking for some input as I've never dealt with this before.
more than likely they didnt scan it, but it is probably insured if you shipped it priority
fl.gif
hoping it gets to the people

Sadly this does happen. The buyer needs to report the missing package to the postal service. From there they can see if the package makes it to the destination by the next day/two, or is a total loss where the eggs are deemed compromised and the post office is responsible (if the package was insured) for the cost of the shipping fee and said value of eggs.

Hopefully DwayneNLiz is right with the thought of unscanned pkg. this does happen too
1f91e.png

Last edited:
Wow! I didn't know that could be done! I dont think I put these on yet, but I might have.

The cock is from John Blehm's 2016 hatch. Pullets are from Stan Alder and Russ Blair.

Lovely!!
I'm not a big Ameraucana fan
hide.gif
but I really like this variety! I like plumage differences in males vs. females.

(my wish list gets longer... and longer.... and longer..... but these might climb it pretty fast)

I had a shipment from North Carolina that said it never left its initial post office. When I called in to check on it, the postal lady I talked with on the phone said it looked like the seller never actually sent the eggs, just applied for tracking. I sent a couple "Are you sure you actually sent those eggs" emails (I was nice, but probably the skepticism rang through.) And, it didn't help that the seller was very slow to respond, which made my skepticism grow even more. Then, I got a call - "Your eggs are here!" Tracking showed no progress until that day. Moral of my story: 1. Post Office doesn't always scan packages 2. Communicate, communicate, communicate and 3. Well, I'm sure there's a 3, I just can't remember what amazingly valid point I was about to make!

more than likely they didnt scan it, but it is probably insured if you shipped it priority
:fl   hoping it gets to the people 
I was hoping that was the case too, but being that they were supposed to arrive yesterday, I'm thinking they may have been lost to the dreaded USPS black hole. :(
Sadly this does happen. The buyer needs to report the missing package to the postal service. From there they can see if the package makes it to the destination by the next day/two, or is a total loss where the eggs are deemed compromised and the post office is responsible (if the package was insured) for the cost of the shipping fee and said value of eggs.

Hopefully DwayneNLiz is right with the thought of unscanned pkg. this does happen too
1f91e.png
I shipped Priority, so they are insured, and have advised the buyer to file a claim if our efforts to recover them are for naught. I also advised her that if they were to arrive in the next few days to open/inspect them at the PO and document everything just incase. 2 days in the mail is hard enough on them, I just don't see how they could remain viable after 4+ days being jostled about

Last edited:
I had a shipment from North Carolina that said it never left its initial post office. When I called in to check on it, the postal lady I talked with on the phone said it looked like the seller never actually sent the eggs, just applied for tracking. I sent a couple "Are you sure you actually sent those eggs" emails (I was nice, but probably the skepticism rang through.) And, it didn't help that the seller was very slow to respond, which made my skepticism grow even more. Then, I got a call - "Your eggs are here!" Tracking showed no progress until that day. Moral of my story: 1. Post Office doesn't always scan packages 2. Communicate, communicate, communicate and 3. Well, I'm sure there's a 3, I just can't remember what amazingly valid point I was about to make!
Lol! I can totally understand the skepticism. The tracking is showing it made it to Chattanooga, which is their last stop in TN before they go to whatever destination state, bUT nothing from there. This whole ordeal is frustrating for me, I can only imagine how agitated the buyer is, and rightly so.

Back
Top Bottom