Cheapest place to buy Hardware Cloth/Wire?

That is terrible! We searched a lot when we were building our coop and found the cheapest was csn.com. Free shipping and it came in the largest rolls. We bought 19 gauge 1/2 inch. Works great.

We modeled our coop after another byc members. His was wonderful. If you search "Wichita Cabin Coop" you will see his design and predator proof ideas.

Good luck! Protect those babies!
wee.gif

I ended up going 2x2 galvanized kennel fencing for my run. Works well. Not as light as hardware cloth, but effective. I think I got it at Lowes for $50 for 25 feet by 4 feet. Not great but not horrible. Good luck!

I just ordered mine through Amazon for the same price. I currently have a trial of Amazon Prime which allowed for free shipping & handling. I ordered two 36" x 100' rolls. I'm going to have to sell my house and move into the coop if I don't stop spending $$$$. :)

I think even without amazon prime I saw it offered for free shipping since it was over 25 dollars, but not 2 day like amazon prime. I got mine from way fair and it arrived quickly and seems good quality :) I thought I'd have to sell my house too, but found a salvage lumber yard with great prices on wood

We just bough our hardware cloth from our local feed store. DH doesn't remember how much he paid. He said he's seen it at Home Depot and Lowes around here too. It comes in different sizes ... we got a shorter size and are using it for about the bottom 2.5 feet of our run and then the chicken wire for the upper section of the run.

It looks like CSN is now Wayfair, correct? The links kept auto sending me to Wayfair. I am not reading that this type of wire from them is galvanized. Can anyone who received theirs verify this for me? Is this a must? Seems like it would be to prevent rust.

I love this helpful thread...we have bears, snakes, foxes, coyotes, squirrels, hawks, cats, raccoons, crawfish, possums, dogs, and I'm sure there is a partridge in a pear tree out back somewhere. We have it all. I will be triple proofing with hardware cloth and need all the tips I can find to protect our chicken buffet. :cd

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom