Chicken Breed Focus - Bielefelder

20200830_172917_05.jpg

My boy RooBoo yesterday patrolling the yard. Love my bieles. :)

I have six hens, four are just over 2 months old and the other two are about a month. They are funny birds, independent but like to keep you in sight when free ranging. They know when its time for bed and go in as a flock. We have one that was sexed at birth as a girl but is red not dark and gold like her sisters, she looks like a girl and acts like a girl. They like to torment the geese by running in between them and around them. The two babies stay with me and come running if we call for them, the older ones will come if you call out the biggest hen's name or call for the geese lol.

I have six hens, four are just over 2 months old and the other two are about a month. They are funny birds, independent but like to keep you in sight when free ranging. They know when its time for bed and go in as a flock. We have one that was sexed at birth as a girl but is red not dark and gold like her sisters, she looks like a girl and acts like a girl. They like to torment the geese by running in between them and around them. The two babies stay with me and come running if we call for them, the older ones will come if you call out the biggest hen's name or call for the geese lol.
Awww, how cool is that?! They are really neat birds, for sure.

I wonder if anyone who is following this thread has the bantam Bielefelder? Bantams are often a whole lot different as the normal sized (mixed with other bantam breeds).
What is your experience in production? Do they lay in winter as wel? What is their behaviour?

I wonder if anyone who is following this thread has the bantam Bielefelder? Bantams are often a whole lot different as the normal sized (mixed with other bantam breeds).
What is your experience in production? Do they lay in winter as wel? What is their behaviour?
Ooh! That would be interesting!

My birds are now seven months. The hens are starting to lay eggs. Of which the eggs are not too large yet. These birds are suppose to lay an extra large egg. Maybe some more time to mature. With 15 hens and two roosters its interesting to see who is boss!
They'll get larger, it just takes some time. Mine are finally laying full-size eggs at 8 months. I even got a double yolker the other day!!!

Back
Top Bottom