Chicken Breed Focus - Isbar (Blue Isbar)

Pics
A sampling of Isbar eggs - they lay lots of different colors of green!
big_smile.png

We have four Isbars: 2 blue cockerels, a black cockerel, and a black pullet. They are three weeks old today, and they are such sweethearts. We have many chickens of many breeds, and these are already some of my very favorites. We find them very quiet, laid back, and easy for children to handle (and they've been handled by several).

We splurged on this breed because of their stunning good looks, lovely green eggs, and the tendency for roosters to be docile toward people. So far, I am impressed.

We have four Isbars: 2 blue cockerels, a black cockerel, and a black pullet. They are three weeks old today, and they are such sweethearts. We have many chickens of many breeds, and these are already some of my very favorites. We find them very quiet, laid back, and easy for children to handle (and they've been handled by several).

We splurged on this breed because of their stunning good looks, lovely green eggs, and the tendency for roosters to be docile toward people. So far, I am impressed.
I agree with you. I have never had a problem from any of my isbar roosters and I have had about 10. Two lost their lives protecting the flock and I just replaced them with the restitution I received.

I'm so sorry for your loss, @Purpletie3. :-( I trust your new boys will be every bit as valiant as their predecessors. Roosters like that are a true blessing.

My black cockerel is the friendliest of the four. He flies up out of the brooder for attention.

My husband favors the blues, but I prefer the blacks for contrast. Those colors just pop.

Back
Top Bottom