Whiting True Blue Breeding - What to look for?

I take that to mean that McMurray doesn't care whether their Whiting True Blues have muff/beard or not, since they feature photos of birds with and birds without.

I though Ameraucanas were supposed to be a dual-purpose type chicken, while the Whiting True Blues appear to have more of a Leghorn type.

We have so many breeds that lay brown eggs, and so many that lay white eggs, I think there is room for quite a few that lay blue eggs as well. Personally, I'd like to see a breed with just normal chicken traits that lays blue eggs. No muff/beard, no ear tufts, no missing tail, no crested head, etc.
There are. Araucanas are bred to have tuffs and be rumpless. However, a huge portion of those hatched from Araucana eggs have tails and have no tuffs. Edd Sheppard, although he has been for years keep saying he is reducing his flock, has kept Araucanas that are tailed and have no tuffs.

Then, there are also Ameraucanas who don't have the genes to have beards and muffs. They look like normal chickens without the beard and muffs, yet have the blue egg gene.

There are. Araucanas are bred to have tuffs and be rumpless. However, a huge portion of those hatched from Araucana eggs have tails and have no tuffs. Edd Sheppard, although he has been for years keep saying he is reducing his flock, has kept Araucanas that are tailed and have no tuffs.

Then, there are also Ameraucanas who don't have the genes to have beards and muffs. They look like normal chickens without the beard and muffs, yet have the blue egg gene.
I know there are quite a few chickens that have those traits. But there are no pure breeds that are SUPPOSED to have the set of traits I was mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom