Chicken Breed Focus - Isbar (Blue Isbar)

Pics
Does anyone have pictures of day old Isbars, and whether they are male or female? I am going to be getting a couple and didn't know if there is a way to tell what pullets vs cockrels look like this young. My hatched said he would trade me if I ended up with a roo. Just thought I would check and see if anyone had pics of day old and as they grew to help tell the difference.
Thanks in advance,
Julie

I'm so excited to finally add more Isbar chicks, these are from Green fire. I recognize the blues, blacks, and splash. But are the two black and white splash as well?
My first group at 6 weeks is two blues and one black but they are all looking like pullets.
I realize this was posted a while ago, but could you tell me which of these babies were pullets and which were roos?

Does anyone know if these are available in the UK? I've looked online but with no luck in the UK or France - I do have a friend in Sweden so could possibly go that route!! I can't beleive I've seen another breed I want to try :he:barnie:lau They sound like they are lovely!

Awww lovely! I'd not seen black pictures of them before, is that common?

It's not uncommon, for what I've seen so far. My chickens come from a flock with a black rooster - which makes all of their offspring black or blue. That's no problem for me as I really like the black variety, especially the dark eyes the girls have. I'm considering another rooster too, with more brown. I'll add a picture of him later ;)

I see it's been a while since anyone posted something here, but here's a roo and hen from my flock in Norway. Both are 16 going on 17 weeks old now, so I expect their first eggs soon :)

30415938408_5953ab467e_h.jpg

43565790864_dce5d97288_h.jpg

So beautiful! My Black Isbar is getting those white coloring around her neck as well! My Blue is gorgeous, and both should be getting ready to lay. Can’t wait!!

Back
Top Bottom