Chicken Breed Focus - Orpington

Thisnos what my 4 Orpongtons look like. They came from a very serious breeder and are supposed to be expensive if purchased. I forgot if they are called Blue or Lavendar???

I have two chocolate Orpington hens. I bought them from auction and payed £26 for both. I thought they couldn't be more than a couple of months old due to there size. I bought growers pellets for them on the way home. One layed an egg that very same day! I do think now that they must be bantam Orpingtons. They are very sweet but not used to handling at the moment. They are still on quarentine. Meet roo and fudge.
IMG-20191015-WA0000.jpg
DSC_0139.JPG

I have two chocolate Orpington hens. I bought them from auction and payed £26 for both. I thought they couldn't be more than a couple of months old due to there size. I bought growers pellets for them on the way home. One layed an egg that very same day! I do think now that they must be bantam Orpingtons. They are very sweet but not used to handling at the moment. They are still on quarentine. Meet roo and fudge.
View attachment 1941725 View attachment 1941726

Adorable! Congrats on the new additions!

View attachment 1941725 View attachment 1941726
How small is the eggs that these gals lay? I'm looking for a winter hardy breed that lays small to tiny eggs so I can make small pickeled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom