Chicken Breed Focus - Showgirl

I just bought my first set of Showgirls. we are so eggsited. They are still little poofs (4days) so I hope they are cute and cuddly as the previous cuties are.
showgirl 1.jpg showgirl 2.jpg

image.jpg
OMG WHAT A DARLING CHICK...!!!! JUST AMAZING I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SLEEP, I WOULD BE UP ALL NIGHT JUST WATCHING THEM SLEEP...HA : )
She has splayed legs though so I am trying to correct it hence the bandaid around her legs. I got 2 showgirl hatching eggs from ebay and only one hatched but I should have some Polish babies to accompany her in the next few days!

Ok so i know this is an old thread... anyway... we have this black skinned showgirl. We got her with 3 other chickens she grew up with. She is now being bullied basically. All the chickens are running her from the food and making her roost alone. My question is, do you think she would stay in the other coop and run we have seperate for our bantys? Also, i habe searched and searched... could she fly to try and get back to the others? I haven't seen her fly nor can i find anything on google lol note: the ones she came with are standard sized chickens and a cornish roo. We added 3 red star hens. Since adding them, all chickens are bullying her. The roo is still just mating her, but he even took to the other hens more now.

Attachments

• 20190225_112213.jpg
    20190225_112213.jpg
    783.6 KB · Views: 11
Goodwinsheavenlyhomestead said:
Ok so i know this is an old thread... anyway... we have this black skinned showgirl. We got her with 3 other chickens she grew up with. She is now being bullied basically. All the chickens are running her from the food and making her roost alone. My question is, do you think she would stay in the other coop and run we have seperate for our bantys? Also, i habe searched and searched... could she fly to try and get back to the others? I haven't seen her fly nor can i find anything on google lol note: the ones she came with are standard sized chickens and a cornish roo. We added 3 red star hens. Since adding them, all chickens are bullying her. The roo is still just mating her, but he even took to the other hens more now.
gosh that's to bad , but golly if it were me I would put her in with my bantys & you say she is a show girl then she would be part silkie & they don't fly, so it should all work out ok..? at least you can try it and see what happens..? good luck :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom