Chicken cyst

Stitches picture. About 2-2.5 inches. Surgery was $45. Office visit last weekend was $71 including the Baytril.

Marlene

So it's a week later. She still isn't standing or eating. Started tube feeding again because she was down to 3lbs 3 oz. this morning she was up to 3 lb 10oz. Buff Orpington.

She hates tube feeding and fights me which is why I didn't do it last week because I hate to make her upset. She had me trained.

I've tried wet mash, can corn, greens, egg yolk, can cat food, rice. Today is the last day of Baytril. Maybe that will make her feel better.

I will update again in a few days when stitches come out.

So it's a week later. She still isn't standing or eating. Started tube feeding again because she was down to 3lbs 3 oz. this morning she was up to 3 lb 10oz. Buff Orpington.

She hates tube feeding and fights me which is why I didn't do it last week because I hate to make her upset. She had me trained.

I've tried wet mash, can corn, greens, egg yolk, can cat food, rice. Today is the last day of Baytril. Maybe that will make her feel better.

I will update again in a few days when stitches come out.
When I tube fed I gave them the Exact . It does put on weight.

Help
@eggcessive or @ casportpony

She is not doing well. I tube fed her this morning. Tonight I offered her meal worms---no go. She is panting with mouth open.

Could she still have internal infection? She feels hot when I felt her u dear her wing. Her incision looks great.
Any ideas.

Marlene

Did the vet think it was an abscess? How does the incision area look? Antibiotics can affect the appetite. I would continue to tube feed. Just get an extra pair of hands and get it over with quickly a couple of times a day. Probiotics would be good to get the gut bacteria back to normal, if you haven't done so.

Incision looks good.
I don't know what you mean by abscess? I just looked this up on wiki and it was more of a cyst. It had extra tissue to take out.
He called it a cyst that was infected.

What should I ask him Tomorrow?

I will start probiotics and tube feed again.

Thanks

An abscess is an infection that festers and contains pus. It will either break open on it's own or can be lanced and drained. A cyst to me is a growth, that can be filled with fluid or tissue. It really doesn't matter, as long as the incision looks good, it should not be infected. I sure hope she gets her appetite back.

Quick update, stitches out and it looks great.

She has a bacterial infection in her crop. So starting a surfer Antibiodic. Hopefully that will get her feeling better.

Gram stains negative.

Back
Top Bottom