Chicken Rescue!!!

One of my caps from today was worth 5 and the other was worth 50.
Soooo with JulieNKC's cap and my two...105. Woop!

Thats's awesome Miyashi! Thanks so much! I normally despise Pepsi like I said but it's worth the chance to me.
smile.png

Hi! :)
I am trying to locate a couple/few chickens that are in need of rescue. I went to the local shelter today and found one, that I will adopt next week if she is still there. I was planning on adopting from the Turlock egg farm (the one that left 50,000 hens to die when they just closed the doors and walked away), but they are up North (California) and I am in southern California. I have been doing my research and do not want to support the hatcheries and would really love to rescue a chicken in need. But at the same time, It took a while to convince my husband that we "need" backyard chickens. And now he is on board and we have our coop, but I need to make sure that she lays eggs (he says I don't need anymore pets). Little does he know they will be more of a pet with egg laying benefits.
Anyways, I was just exploring this site and was hoping someone out there knew of a rescue for chickens a little closer to home. Until then I will keep checking the shelters.
Thanks!

That's a wonderful idea. Rescuing chickens. Why don't you have a look in the Where am I? Where are you! section for people near you who may be able to point you in the right direction? Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif

So awesome! I love the idea of rescuing some needy little babies! I also have a chicken with a crooked beak its name is crooked lip, was born that way, we tried trimming its beak as some BYCers suggested but it is still crooked, here is a pic.

Crooked lip, not growing much at all, think he still has a chance?

Back
Top Bottom