Chickens Galore in Norco, Ca

She is pretty. If I were into silkies I would Go to Amber Waves. I have only heard good things about them. Silkies wouldn't do well in the mountains, They would love our mild summers, but in the winter they would freeze their cute little topknots off :( So I must accept my limitations.

Awww I understand. I thought silkies could handle cold winters?? It doesn't get very cold where I live so I'm not sure. Have you considered having a breeder ship to you from another state? I also live in southern California and I just recently purchased two 9 week old silkies from a breeder in illonis. She shipped them to me and shipping was very reasonable! They traveled thousands of miles but arrived on time safely and healthy. It took 2 and 1/2 days shipping. It was the first time I ordered from so far away but it worked out wonderfully. So perhaps consider a breeder in a different state this way your not so limited. I was concerned at first how far away they were coming from but they were perfectly fine and the trip didn't bother them one bit. one was 5 weeks old the other 9 weeks. They did wonderfully. They arrived strong and healthy. You might consider doing that? Most breeders don't have a problem shipping. To go from Illinois to California it was only 60 dollars! You might check out breeders from different States to get your stock And this way you won't have so many limitations. My birds did great on their long trip and they are babies! Hope this helps. Give it some thought. This way a breeder can just ship your birds from another state and you need not worry about having such a limited choice of breeders. Best wishes and hope this was helpful

For those of you who have purchased older pullets from Chickens Galore, how long did you quarantine them, the full 30 days or shorter? I love the added protection/security knowing they vaccinate. I've purchased two 12 wk old Barred Rocks from there. Russell's facility is really nice and he is so very knowledgeable. I know this is an older thread but wanted to get more info
big_smile.png
Thanks!!

Mine from Chickens Galore were older chicks about 7-9 weeks old fully feathered. I got them in August. I did no quarantine period and all were just fine. I combined them with 8 other chicks we already had of the same age range. Here they are on New Years Day.
Blue Red Laced Wyandotte

Cochin

Blue Copper Marans

Blue Red Laced Wyandotte

Your girls are beautiful! I quarantined my new girls, two Barred Rocks that are 14 weeks now, for a couple days and have had them in a dog crate in the run, they're slowly integrating but it's gone really good so far
big_smile.png
Our other girls are 19 weeks and our other Barred Rock has taken to the new girls
smile.png
Thanks for your reply!

I have gotten 6 birds From Russell at Chickens Galore. One turned out to be a rooster and he offered to replace it for free. I have worked with Russell for many years in another industry, and he is a very reputable and honest businessman. Always willing to answer questions and give advice about birds.

Aaron

Love this place! Russell is awesome, patient, knowledgeable, honesty and friendly and so is his staff.
They take care of their birds and it shows.
Bought my 4 girls here: Amerucana, Blue laced Red Wyandotte, Production Red and French Copper Maran on Easter.
I found him on Craigslist and looked him up on Yelp before I went.
Glowing reviews everywhere. He earned every one of them.
All birds were sexed, in excellent health, clean and of great quality.
He had everything I needed from food, shavings, waterers, feeders, transportation containers.
It was worth the 1.5 hours to get there.
All questions were answered even months after.

Can say enough good things about this place or Russell and his crew.

A highly reputable place to get health chickens.

Hey guys!

Has anyone visited or purchased birds from Chickens Galore in Norco, Ca? I'm interested in getting some standard and specialty breed layer chicks (welsummer, gold laced wyandotte, easter eggers, ameraucanas, blue/lavender orpingtons, anaconas, silkies, blue hamburg, & blue andalusians). I don't necessarily want all of those breeds but, a few would do. 

Also, I am super open to purchasing these pullets from any other reputable, recommended breeder within the oc, los angeles, and san bernardino county areas (I live in Upland, Ca right now). 

Any information is good information! 

Back
Top Bottom