Chicks arrived dead.

jmagill

Songster
Mar 9, 2009
Western Wyoming
Today I received a partial shipment of chicks all dead.

I ordered these in march for shipment mid-April. He kept pushing the shipment back. This week he ships only 9 of 16 birds.
He ships birds that are close to a week old, not day olds, does not put in a heating pad as advertised.

These babies had no chance of survival. He had the gall to say he would ship the rest of the order next week.

No way! I don't want more dead on arrival birds.

I am holding the bad words in!

I don't believe it is a BYC member. I have requested a refund for the whole order.

I am just astounded that he sent chicks that were a week old or more.

I will update on the refund.

That's just bull...I would definitely cancel the balance, ask for a refund and after I got it, tell him exactly what I thought of his hideous "business" practices. Is the guy a complete moron or what???

I don't want you to screw up your chances of a refund but after you settle things, it would be nice if you could post on the hatcheries/breeders whatever review thread about who it is and how the birds were treated so no one else buys from this idiot again!

So sorry you had to experience all this...

If this guy is someone that BYC'ers might order from, than I would list here who he is, so others don't support his practices. I am new to chickens, but even I know that something is seriously wrong when ALL the chicks arrive dead. So sorry for your loss, I would have been heartbroken and furious as I'm sure you are.

I had the same issue with a BYC member...when asked to either ship me replacement chicks +(I'd pay for the extras) or refund my money ....which was $63(for 6 chicks) I was told that her SO wouldn't allow her to send replacements?!?!?!?! WTHeck?!

I hope yours gets resolved in a much better manner! Good luck!

Oh...btw...the BYcer never had a disclaimer stating that no replacements nor refunds would be offered....

OMG that makes me teary eyed and sick to my stomach. What a horrible experience for you to have. I am new to this , have 15 BR's and cherish them. My husband thinks I am crazy. I race home everyday after work to make sure they are OK. You should really follow through with this and report him somehow so this doesn' t happen again. Poor little chicks. Some people are so inhuman!!! That is irresponsible

Back
Top Bottom