Chicks Dying of 1 by 1!

Grumpypantsmomma

Songster
11 Years
Aug 25, 2010
Clatskanie, OR
My chicks have been dyeing off 1 by 1! They don't want to eat Their chick crumb. They are just over 8 wks and i was thinking of switching the to grower! Their food. hasn't changed or bedding. They are lathargic, crops constantly empty and diarea! Any suggestions! Please help! Already lost 4 little ones, I can't bear to lose more!
Could it be they don't like their food! I haven't added to the chicks, and always wash after feeding the adult birds before handling the chicks! they would rather eat their poo and bedding, I tried giving them some well cooked rice and boiled egg but their not interested! I have resorted to changing their bedding every day to keep them from eating their poo!

At this point the chicks usually don't need medicated feed. But I would go back to medicated feed. Chicks should be more than willing to eat crumbles. I would make sure that I had a new bag of feed to feed them. (maybe the bag of feed is bad.) I would also use sand in the brooder. The chicks still need grit in order to eat their food properly.

Quote:
its funny you say that the bag of feed is bad as i just bought brand new bag from feed store! the day before they started this!
sad.png
Sand where do i get that and won't they eat it?

Quote:
its funny you say that the bag of feed is bad as i just bought brand new bag from feed store! the day before they started this!
sad.png

Yes, they will eat it. But it's actually good for them
smile.png
Their bodies will use it as grit to help them digest their food.

Quote:
sad.png

Yes, they will eat it. But it's actually good for them
smile.png
Their bodies will use it as grit to help them digest their food.

O.k. I will try sand,where do you suggest i get it from?

Back
Top Bottom