Close call with neighbors dog AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds like dangerous man. And this situation is one that may call for you to handle the dog yourself. Do get that firearm and take care of business. I wish you the best of luck and safety.

Yes, I should have just shot it already. They have always been home when it gets loose, they blame it on their kids. Figured I would give them fair warning, always like to give a chance to fix problems. I guess some things just can't be fixed.....like stupid.... The dog will disappear if it gets loose when they are not home, already planning on being blamed, but thats ok, as long as its gone!

Dogs that get out can just disappear for any number of reasons. They may suspect you, but if they can't prove it, then oh, well, at least it's gone. Why women put up with men like that is beyond me.

Thanks Speckledhen, appreciate it. I think it takes at least 6 months for the pistol permit in NY. I do have other weapons, just not easy to carry around fixing fence, clearing brush etc. And yes, he is dangerous. They moved here a year ago, and have been nothing but trouble. The guys mother bought the place, so informing a landlord is out of the question. I am also going to try and find out who carries their homeowners insurance. They should be informed of the dangerous dog. I did fill out a dangerous dog complaint, but they never got a ticket for it. There must be a paper trail. Plus numerous police reports.

Yea, I don't get it either. She is a very pretty lady, seems to be educated. 2 little kids...(both brats too) She came over a day after one of the guineas got it by the dog to see if it was ok, and the little boy, (3 years old) kicked my cat! I came right out and told him I would kick him if he did it again!

They need to go. I think I'd start a campaign to get them gone - check and see if taxes are paid up, any outstanding warrants on the guy or the girlfriend. I like the idea of contacting the insurance company. Any little dirt you can dig up on the girl, the guy, or the mommy that bought the place....

That is just way too dangerous. It is one thing to have a dog that is aggressive on his own property - that is home defense. But one that goes off its property and becomes aggressive - even I would be looking at a permanent solution for that.

I will see what I can find out from the sherriff tomorrow. If he is on probation or parole, the guns are a big no no. This was a nice place to live before they moved in. (Other than being in NY that is)

also be sure to tell the deputy that the boyfriend has threatened to retaliate.

How long does it take for the sheriff to get out to your property? Also, do the owners call the dog back and, if so, how long does it take for them to notice it got loose?

I ask these questions because there may be a way for the dog to be shot without you pulling the trigger. My family had a similar situation, but the owners were not home and the dog in question trapped them in their vehicle so they could not get in the house. They called the cops and, since no one could safely get close enough to the dog to subdue it, they shot the animal. How does this help you? If you're attacked by this dog again, can get to a safe area where the dog can't get you but is still in "attack" mode, and it doesn't take too long for the sheriff to get to your property... well... problem solved. Then the sheriff would notify the owners that he shot the dog and not you. This is a bit of work to go through to get the dog gone... but nothing is too much for safety, in my opinion.

Usually takes them at least half an hour, but that too is an idea....I would want to keep the dog focused on me and not my animals though. I will stay close to a rifle or shotgun from now on....guess I will have to keep one in the barn. Its pretty scarey having a dog come at you like that. Its a bigger dog too, probably about 75 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom