Cochin Thread!!!

These were a couple weeks ago
I'm going to say pullets on these. My boys usually have the start of waddles and combs at this age but I could be wrong
tongue.png
I could see better with a more close up picture of their heads

Last edited:
Haha Amanda
I do the same here.
I now can tell with the lil ones from the stall.

My new eggs arrived yesterday in the mail. 21 days to see what hatches. Got them blue mottled frizzles and smooth Millie Cochin's.

How's that lil blue roo I gave ya...

Last edited:
He is the sweetest thing ever!! He is inside in the chick room and I let him run around everyday, lol I named him Rooberry

I picked up 4 mottled chicks yesterday!! They are 3 weeks old, really excited for them to grow up :)

I want a blue frizzle!!! LOL

Here are the large fowl

11-12 week olds

8-9 week olds

6-7 week olds

8-9wk

8-9 wk

OK new to Cochin's this year. what do I look for to determine if a possible cockerel? They are so fluffy n sweet.I love the difference in their cluck to my Brahmas And EEs.

It will work with other breeds but I'm not sure if it work's on all breeds.it sould be done in the first 48 hours. The sooner the better. I have seen a nother way that is supposed to work on all chicks. Pick the chick up and hold it kinda by the head/neck and let it dangle if the legs just dangle straight pullet(female) if the chick picks up it's legs cockerels (male). I haven't tried this method. YouTube has a video on wing sexing. I can't find the link right now. But it will show you good pics of what each should look like.
I've heard of this and something similar and it's not accurate.

Ok, if I know what I am looking at and that's not certain, I have 4 pullets and one cockerel. I will be excited to see if it works out for me. I have it written down so I don't forget. Now the only thing I have to worry about is keeping track of their changing colors. LOL

Back
Top Bottom