COME ON!!! Let's See Some Snow COOPS!!! I KNOW Their Out There!!!

this

21969_dscn2457.jpg

is now this

21969_dscn2602.jpg

in case you're wondering,
yes. the basketball court IS for the chickens. lol.

Last edited:
Guess I will be the first on this thread to post a snow coop(s) from Mississippi. Yes, we actually got snow this time.
My husband took this picture just a few minutes ago and it is still snowing!

13602_snow_coops.jpg

Teri

I haven't taken any this year but last year I snapped a few. And here is proof that it will snow on occasion in upstate SC. We have gotten more snows and much deeper than last year so I should be taking more. I have too much fun playing it to take photos of tractors, coops or birds.

9332_whats_the_white_stuff_.jpg

9332_tractors_in_the_snow.jpg

9332_iced_tractor.jpg

Ah, here is one from back in Dec. when it snowed on the bachelor tractor...........

9332_roos_pen.jpg

With over 50" of snow in a week, with two back to back storms, this is definitely the most snow I've ever shoveled. We have a toboggan trail down to their house. Once I dug the chickens out, the demanded straw down before they would come out. They seem to like this nice sunny day we are having today. Looks like more on the way for Monday. Hopefully Spring will be here early this year. The girls won't know what to do when they get the entire run back. One thing about having a small coop, they are staying nice and cozy in there. I turn the deep litter once a day and so far so good.

36329_img_9154.jpg

36329_img_9155.jpg

36329_img_9159.jpg

36329_img_9157.jpg

36329_img_9162.jpg

how's that porch roof holding up sandyk? looks like alot of snow up there be careful!!!! I just got dumped on in front of my coop! lol.

I have to be sure to keep my coop ventilated , I've noticed more odor with them spending more time inside, thank goodness for drop boards. But this morning I forgot to open some venting till noon and it was 50 degrees in there and balmy lol. a little stinky too. Also am wondering if i am tracking in more snow than i realized and dampening the litter causing it to smell more. have to remind myself to kick the snow off good before i go in.

Last edited:
I don't have the best pics, but I do have some and most of them are of my chickens deciding NOT to go out in the snow. They would eat it though! We are totally shocked to have gotten almost 8 inches in Burleson Texas. The pictures were from Thursday. there was a lot more snow this morning! It was beautiful...starting to turn to slush now.
sad.png

DSCF5479.jpg

DSCF5480.jpg

DSCF5484.jpg

DSCF5485.jpg

DSCF5486.jpg

DSCF5488.jpg

DSCF5593.jpg

DSCF5594.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom