Consolidated Kansas

Every time I make a major move of a pen or coop thinking it will be permanent a different need arises and I have to make changes. Spring hatching season is the worst. Never the right places to put every one.

Our coop is an old barn that we converted.
It had a huge open area with two lean-to’s, one on each side.
We enclosed an area off one side, so that the lean to is like a patio of sorts, covered from weather, and the outside portion extends beyond that.

Well now, I’ve decide to do the same thing on the other side, and put their new little door to the coop further back, in hopes that later, if we put a wall dividing the coop in half, we could essentially have two separated flocks if need be.

Like you said, never done.

Well in the area where I live I guess I could say it's been a relatively mild winter here than other years. We have had more snow than some years, but the temps have been warmer for the most part. I'm still ready for it to be over & my birds are too.

No matter what I do. I am always needing more pens. I wish I could make myself get rid of some more breeds. It's hard to do this time of year especially because people are always wanting chicks of this and that.

Back
Top Bottom