Consolidated Kansas

You know if it isn't warty looking, I would just treat it with iodine or whatever you have. I'm not sure about the white crust. It could be a bacterial infection due to the heat and the dry weather. But if it is spreading I think I'd quarantine and treat the effected chickens to see if it got better. It could be pox but I've never seen that myself around here.
I don't think it is anything that might spread to humans.
I just had a call and have a guy coming to buy a dozen pullets. I am selling off my smaller mixed breed ones to make some room for winter.

Ir's actually raining here. We started putting in post for my Mandarin duck pen and I knew it would help. It would almost be worth not getting my project done if it kept raining. Some of my birds have never seen rain before. It's been that long!

Quote:
The weather guy at 6 said it would all be east of I-35 and we're west
sad.png
I hope we get something soon so we have some moisture to sow wheat into.

Geez Sharol- that egg is HUGE!!! What kind of chicken is that- she is pretty! But not familar with enough breeds to know what she is. Does she normally lay large size eggs? That was like a jumbo jet carrier type of egg. ha! I can't even wrap my mind around 6 inches in diameter! wow!

It rained here! But it didn't rain in Hutchinson where the fair was. The entire day was fabulous and gorgeous and cool!! Loved it! Nice to come home to rain and wet roads.
smile.png

We had a wonderful rain for a couple hours this evening. It came from the NE and what we got was a steady straight down good rain. We are soo very thankful and blessed!!

Yes, we had rain off and on all afternoon and early evening. We haven't been hurting for rain like some places, and with corn harvest in full swing it was not welcomed by some. Hubby and I worked in the shop, so we managed to get a few things done anyway. I had some people show up that wanted to buy some chickens. We ended up going in and out of the rain a few times before we managed to catch all the ones they wanted.

It did seem kind of unusual having the rain and storms coming from the northeast like they did.

Back
Top Bottom