Consolidated Kansas

Well I went back out to give Marshmallow her pill and the same pup was separate and cold. I thought it was dead, but then I was I saw a leg move. As I speak I have it wrapped in a heat pad and am trying to give it replacement milk iwth a little corn syrup in it. It is still too weak to suck but has gotten some milk in it's mouth. The warmer it gets the better it acts, so I am going to keep it in the heat pad and continue to try to feed it as long as it takes. I'm on the verge of crying. I can't keep my eyes from tearing up.
BTW Ivy, this is a little girl not a little boy. It would be the perfect pup. I just pray that she will pull through.

Praying for the little girl! So sorry you lost the other two- I'm sure it's very upsetting!!

FedEx lost 4 Silkied Ameraucanas I had shipped to me. I've been on the phone all day and had no luck, despite talking to a bunch of supervisors and being very persistent. I'm furious, and feel helpless. They were supposed to be here by noon on the 11th. It's very discouraging. I've never had problems with shipping live birds before.

Danz- don't make me put up that disturbing pic that says the thread is worthless without pics...I'll do it if you don't cough up puppy pics soon!!

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I'm a middle school teacher in Lawrence, KS working on a project with my students. We're starting with incubating eggs but I'd really like to end at some point with a coop and garden in the back of the school. Basically I'm just looking for other locals and not so locals as a community of good advice and good conversation about chickens since no one I know very well has any right now. This looks like the right place!

rlwt-This is a very good place. Just know that what you're doing is similar to how I got addicted to hatching (an embryology segment in 3rd grade). Whatever you need to know we will be more than happy to help!

welcome-byc.gif

You came to the right place. Lots of Kansans here from all over our great State! Lots of advice, just ask, someone will answer your questions.
frow.gif

You are in the right place. Check out the forum on baby chicks first and then just browse around. You are certainly welcome here. We have several Lawrencians (is that a word) on this forum, and they are very knowledgeable.

Sharol (from Admire/Emporia area)
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I'm a middle school teacher in Lawrence, KS working on a project with my students. We're starting with incubating eggs but I'd really like to end at some point with a coop and garden in the back of the school. Basically I'm just looking for other locals and not so locals as a community of good advice and good conversation about chickens since no one I know very well has any right now. This looks like the right place!

OMG! OMG! OMG! I went out to check on the babies and there was another dead one. BUT while I was there she had another pup! The one in the house was drinking and doing well. I am thinking of bringing them all in the house because it is so miserable cold. I worry that the cats might be a problem though. What a night for DH to be working!

Welcome!! Many of us are from Lawrence and the surrounding areas. Hopefully we can help!
big_smile.png

OMG! OMG! OMG! I went out to check on the babies and there was another dead one. BUT while I was there she had another pup! The one in the house was drinking and doing well. I am thinking of bringing them all in the house because it is so miserable cold. I worry that the cats might be a problem though. What a night for DH to be working!

OH Danz,
sad.png
can you bring the whole bunch in the garage or something? Is she to croweded in the area she is in? Did you say she might be early? Never fails this darn cold just messes everything up!!!!
tongue.gif

Danz - I'm wishing for the best with your pups. I know GP's can be a little problematic at that point. Our family freinds that bred them always lost upto 3 a litter because their mom would lay on them or they would get pushed aside and forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom