Ended Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool lol i knew i wouldnt win taking a picture with my phone...just didnt have my camera handy. It happens. I get it those are amazing pics the quality is outstanding. Thinks...why didnt i have my HD camera
he.gif
gig.gif
I take pictures just about every day, it is a photo journal of sorts here on my journey with my peas so when this contest came up someone suggested i enter it and i suggested others enter.

There are some outstanding entries , but in the end someone gotta win someone got to wait till next time.

Take lots of photos not just for a contest then one day you will be ready when one comes up.
hugs.gif

Quote:
i kinda feel bummed out cause two peacocks won...I mean we all new one would win but i feel like the other poultry should have had a chance...Lovely pics though.
There were some other fowl pictures that gave those peacocks a run for their money. We have a very precise method for voting. When the voting worked out with 2 peacocks as the winners, we discussed whether we should only choose one. We wanted to be fair, and we've never chosen winners based on type of fowl for the other contests. It just happened to work out this way for this contest.
Maybe next year we could have different divisions? I'd be more than happy to sponsor one of them.

-Kathy

Thank you!!!

I know some of you might think it is unfair, but to put it in perspective we hardly ever if ever get cool contests like this for peafowl. It is always chicken shows at the fair grounds and chickens getting ribbons and plaques and everything, which is fine. There is no such thing really of a peafowl show or peafowl judging, so all of us at the peafowl section were just wanting to be able to be in a contest for once because we are proud of our birds too and we work hard to raise them up right. All of you have beautiful chickens and I know you can enter them in another contest and they will do well. I have never seen such beautiful chickens!!! Sorry I don't know if I worded this correctly and I don't want to come across as offensive, I am just glad that I finally get to win something for my peacock. Zazouse has wonderful amazing peafowl and photos of them and she really deserved her win. She is amazing!

My boy Alto will be happy to know he is a winner. He always has been in my heart. He survived a raccoon attack when he was younger and he has always been a tough, beautiful boy and the alpha peacock. He makes me very happy to have him and I hope he lives a looong time!

I take pictures just about every day, it is a photo journal of sorts here on my journey with my peas so when this contest came up someone suggested i enter it and i suggested others enter.

There are some outstanding entries , but in the end someone gotta win someone got to wait till next time.

Take lots of photos not just for a contest then one day you will be ready when one comes up. :hugs  

Thank you!!!

I know some of you might think it is unfair, but to put it in perspective we hardly ever if ever get cool contests like this for peafowl. It is always chicken shows at the fair grounds and chickens getting ribbons and plaques and everything, which is fine. There is no such thing really of a peafowl show or peafowl judging, so all of us at the peafowl section were just wanting to be able to be in a contest for once because we are proud of our birds too and we work hard to raise them up right. All of you have beautiful chickens and I know you can enter them in another contest and they will do well. I have never seen such beautiful chickens!!! Sorry I don't know if I worded this correctly and I don't want to come across as offensive, I am just glad that I finally get to win something for my peacock. Zazouse has wonderful amazing peafowl and photos of them and she really deserved her win. She is amazing!

My boy Alto will be happy to know he is a winner. He always has been in my heart. He survived a raccoon attack when he was younger and he has always been a tough, beautiful boy and the alpha peacock. He makes me very happy to have him and I hope he lives a looong time!

I totally get it. I think tour pictures are amazing zazouse. Minx fox i agree the peacocks cant really be shown and i think both your pictures re amazing. The quality is fantastic :D

I must agree, one pea ok, but two not ok in MPO. Nothing but congrats to the two winners just think another breed should have been brought into the mix. I think almost every bird posted was awesome in their own way. My suggestion would to have it broke up into a breeds class. The problem for me and the two pea's is I cant tell them apart. I just thought the two pics were the same bird at first glance. Congrats anyhow you two have beautiful birds!! :thumbsup  

Look at their neck and you'll see the difference.

Thanks and I also want to say, I only raise peafowl and didn't really want chickens, but you all have such beautiful unique looking chickens that I was starting to think I might want chickens some day! I love the phoenix ones and the ones with lacing on their feathers. I have never seen so many handsome chickens!!!

For next year, someone needs to put their chicken in a tux - that is if someone hasn't. I wasn't able to see every photo.

Maybe next year we could have different divisions? I'd be more than happy to sponsor one of them.

-Kathy
We change the contests a bit every year, so I can't promise that we'll do this one again, but I'll add it to our suggestion list.

I don't want the winners feeling like they have to defend themselves. There were a lot of fantastic entries of all types of fowl. Like all of these contests, it's very tough to narrow the entries down. If anyone has further questions, please feel free to PM me. Also keep in mind that with a few exceptions, roosters have won the majority of the contests in this Hatchalong. We wanted to include ALL fowl in our Hatchalong, and that is how we came up with contests like the Other Fowl Contest.

I totally get it. I think tour pictures are amazing zazouse. Minx fox i agree the peacocks cant really be shown and i think both your pictures re amazing. The quality is fantastic :D

Congratulations to you both. I love peafowl! They are both beautiful! I entered my guinea because my peacock was too young!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom