coop from tractor supply

If we ever have bad weather to where that happens, we plan to bring them in a spare room near the house. So they'll never have to be shut in there for super long periods.

If we ever have bad weather to where that happens, we plan to bring them in a spare room near the house. So they'll never have to be shut in there for super long periods.

There you go then. Will likely be fine as a sleeping coop. Just as long as you realize it may not be durable, but of you're handy you can always plan on repairing or reinforcing with better quality materials later when finances allow.

I'm getting 3-4 babies. So hopefully they all live and that's all I'll have. I'm hoping to keep the coop in a run. So in the summer and nice days they can be loose. If I'm outside they'll have access to my whole yard. I'm liking the build of it (the tray, Windows to open, easy access to eggs) and that it is cheaper. I would like it to last a couple years. Once were started we will be willing to do upgrades but since I'm just beginning I wanted some prefab
This could work well for a couple of years until you figure out what you want longer term.

If this coop will be installed inside of a larger run for bad weather, or when you are gone, but then they'll free range in your back yard when possible, then I think it should work!

Dad isn't into the chicken idea. So I'm trying to make him so as little as possible until he sees how it's all going to work out
1f609.png

Dad isn't into the chicken idea. So I'm trying to make him so as little as possible until he sees how it's all going to work out
1f609.png

Oh, my dad went nuts on over building our coops
hmm.png
. I'm almost positive he would even install air conditioning and heat in them
gig.gif
. Have you considered buying a chain link dog kennel and adding a roosting and laying box in there instead? The box could be made out of a old shipping crate that simply had a "chicken port" cut into the side. Then add a nesting box or two and a pole down the middle, it would cost you no more than that coop and you could fit more chickens.

We have a 10x10 for foster dogs. The way the area is where we're putting them won't cost much to build the run. We already have all the wire left over.

I think you can even see it in the picture. We have some wood but not enough probably. We will have time until they're ready to be put in the coop for any period of time. We have some old pvc/plastic poles I plan on using for roosting spots in the run.

They probably won't like the plastic for a roost. It's slip, maybe you could scuff it up though.. lol now I don't know. What about converting a wooden dog house into a coop and adding a small run? You could even use PVC for the run if you have a secure fence around your yard. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/234961305533759772/ https://www.pinterest.com/pin/94153448434743730/ Those two describe what I'm thinking about. Maybe hop on google and search "dog house converted into chicken coop and look at pics to come up with ideas that require minimal building... a used dog house wouldn't cost more than $75 bucks or so.

Back
Top Bottom